Phantoms Announce First Two Home Playoff DatesApril 9, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Adirondack Phantoms
The Phantoms will start the East Division Semifinals the week of April 14 against an opponent yet to be determined. The fourth East Division playoff spot remains in contention, with Hershey in the lead and Bridgeport and Binghamton still mathematically able to catch the Bears by winning their remaining games. Bridgeport is at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton tonight and would be eliminated with a loss.
Philadelphia, meanwhile, will finish either first or second in the East Division and will have home-ice advantage in the first round. Entering tonight's action, the Phantoms are tied in points with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for first place in the East Division. The Penguins currently lead the division based on having secured one more win than the Phantoms (46-45). The Phantoms will play their first-round home games at the Wachovia Center to accommodate the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, which performs at the Wachovia Spectrum, the Phantoms regular home, from Wednesday, April 16 through Sunday, April 27.
The complete schedule for Philadelphia's first-round series will be announced Sunday evening once the regular season concludes on Sunday and the final seedings are determined.
The Phantoms wrap up the regular season with three games this weekend, two of which are at the Wachovia Spectrum. The Phantoms host the Hershey Bears on Friday night at 7:05 and will give away puzzle banks to the first 2,000 kids 14 and under courtesy of Wachovia. On Sunday, it's Fan Appreciation Day when the Phantoms host Albany at 5:05. Tickets for both remaining regular season games and the first two home games of the playoffs are available at the Wachovia Complex box office, online at ComcastTIX.com or phantomshockey.com, or by phone at 1-800-298-4200.
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2008
- Hogs tripped up against Peoria - Rockford IceHogs
- Aeros shutout by Flames 1-0, remain tied for third place - Houston Aeros
- Locke ties franchise record with six points in 'Dogs win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Skin Hogs 6-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Hamilton over Rochester, 8-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Conboy Blasts Late-Winner To Stun Norfolk 2-1 - Albany River Rats
- Penalty Trouble Leads To 6-1 Loss To Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Fall to Pirates in Home Finale, 3-0 - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers top Penguins 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Sharks 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- Rats! - Norfolk Admirals
- Two Former Monarchs To Represent United States - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Announce First Two Home Playoff Dates - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Gordon Named AHL Coach of the Year - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Announce Details of Bud Light $50,000 Shot - Syracuse Crunch
- Rivermen at IceHogs tonight - Peoria Rivermen
- Bruins' Gordon named AHL's outstanding coach for 2007-08 - AHL
- Jordan Owens returned to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Kevin Regan Joins P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Carolina Returns Conboy And Hamilton To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Fan Appreciation Night Set For Friday - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Former Spartan Mueller Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros visit Quad City tonight, 7:05 p.m. look to improve playoff spot - Houston Aeros
- Flames Sign Trio to Amateur Try-Out Agreements - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.