K-Tribe Game Suspended Because of Power Outage...April 4, 2008 - Carolina League (CarL) - Kinston Indians
The K-Tribe bats came out in the bottom of the second inning when back to back to back RBI doubles plated three runs. Carlos Rivero, Cirilo Cumberbatch and Alex Castillo each drove in a run. The three consecutive hits came with two outs in the inning. The K-Tribe threatened again before the delay when John Drennen, Beau Mills and Jared Goedert hit back to back to back singles to load the bases in the bottom of the third. The Indians Nick Weglarz was at the plate when the delay began. The power outage wiped out a great start from K-Tribe pitcher Steven Wright. Wright did not give up a hit through his first three innings of work.
Kinston will pick up the game with the bases loaded and Weglarz at the plate Saturday night at 6pm. At the conclusion of the nine inning contest, the two teams will square of in a seven inning game. First pitch 6pm at Historic Grainger Stadium.
Carolina League Stories from April 4, 2008
- Pelicans Eventually Walk To Season-Opening Win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Wieters Homers Twice in Opening Night Victory - Frederick Keys
- Warthogs and Kinston Suspended Due to Power Outage - Winston-Salem Dash
- Avs claim Opening-Day win - Salem Red Sox
- K-Tribe Game Suspended Because of Power Outage... - Kinston Indians
- Pleicans Open Season Tonight in Wilmington - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.