Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" NightJanuary 28, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) Wheeling Nailers
Rodriguez, who took the time to shred every file in his WVU office before departing to become the head coach at the University of Michigan, will have the favor returned at the Nailers game on February 2.
The Nailers are offering discounted tickets to any fan that brings in a newspaper article or picture of the former West Virginia University football coach to contribute to the industrial sized paper shredder that will be stationed in the concourse.
Additionally any fan who wears WVU apparel to the game will receive $2 off their ticket price. Ohio State fans will also receive the discount by wearing their gear to the game to demonstrate their mutual distaste for Michigan.
Any fan caught wearing University of Michigan apparel will be charged double in order to help Rodriguez pay his $4 million buyout to WVU.
If your first name is Rich or your last name is Rodriguez your ticket will be $8.25. If your name happens to be Rich Rodriguez you will get in free. Except, of course, if you actually are Coach Rich Rodriguez then you will be barred from the building and escorted outside state lines.
Visit www.wheelingnailers.com or call 304-234-GOAL for ticketing information. The Nailers are also home against the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday at 7:35pm.
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.