Ryan O'Marra recalled from Stockton ThunderDecember 27, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Springfield Falcons Press Release
In 24 games with the Thunder this season, O'Marra recorded 11 goals and nine assists for 20 points and 45 penalty minutes. O'Marra was currently leading Stockton in goals and third on the team in scoring at the time of his recall to Springfield. On December 21, 2007, O'Marra was named to participate in the 2008 Chase Chevrolet ECHL All-Star Game, which will be played in Stockton this season.
O'Marra started the season in Springfield and played in three games with the Falcons not registering a point and collecting two penalty minutes. The 6-foot-1, 193-pound center is in his first season of professional hockey and was originally the New York Islanders' first selection (15th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by the Oilers on February 27, 2007 as part of the trade that sent Ryan Smyth from Edmonton to New York.
The Falcons return to action on Friday, December 28 when they host the Hartford Wolf Pack for the first time this season at the MassMutual Center. Springfield will also play host to the Lowell Devils on Saturday, December 29 and bring in the New Year on Monday, December 31 with a 1:00 pm matinee against the Providence Bruins at "The Nest."
Single game tickets for the 2007-08 regular season are on sale at the MassMutual Center Box Office and online at ticketmaster.com. MassMutual Center Box Office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 10am - 4 pm, or four hours prior to an event. Tickets can also be purchased by calling 413-787-6600.
American Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2007
- Rampage Turn Up the Heat, defeat Milwaukee 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Trampled by Rampage 5-3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Defeat Moose - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Win In Overtime 4-3 - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirates Sink Monarchs Ship In Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Shut Out by Marlies, 2-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Lose Sixth Straight Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Fists Turn To Goals For Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Win Sixth In A Row, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Down Sharks in Overtime, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs Beat Moose 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Bruins Keep Back River Rats 3-1 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat River Rats 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks Fight Back for Point, but Fall in Overtime - Worcester Sharks
- University School, Arrowhead advance in RBC Dain Rauscher High School Hockey Showdown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Micflikier And Farynuk Recalled From The Stockton Thunder - Springfield Falcons
- IceHogs Pick Up Daoust For Tonight's Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals and Susan G. Komen for the Cure Announce "Pink in the Rink" on January 12 - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Assign Jarrett To Reading - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies Recall Goaltender Todd Ford From Columbia - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Recalls Lindstrom and Murray - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose, Hockey Manitoba welcome Female Atom Hockey Festival to MTS Centre December 29 - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Recall Stewart For Fifth Time - Rochester Americans
- Wagner Recalled to St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- Greiss' Pink Mask goes for $5,000 for charity - Worcester Sharks
- Ryan O'Marra recalled from Stockton Thunder - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.