Admirals Shut Out by Sound TigersOctober 12, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Admirals netminder Ryan Munce was strong in his first AHL game, holding the Sound Tigers scoreless until midway through the second period. Bridgeport sniper Jeff Tambellini sent a slap shot from the high slot that was deflected by Steve Regier into the net at 11:34. The power play goal gave the Sound Tigers a 1-0 lead.
Tambellini capped scoring with a one-timer that beat Munce on a five-on-three power play at 4:26 of the final frame.
Munce stopped 27 of 29 shots but was saddled with the loss in his AHL debut. Joey MacDonald stopped all 23 shots he saw in the victory.
Norfolk was 0-7 on the power play. Bridgeport was 2-8. The Admirals are now 0-14 on the power play and have allowed five opposition power play goals against in 18 shorthanded occasions in their first two games of 2007-08. The Admirals were shut out for the first time since March 29, 2006 at Philadelphia - a span of 91 regular season games.
Next up on the docket for the Admirals is a trip to Albany tomorrow night at 7:00. The Admirals then take on Springfield Sunday afternoon at 4:00 before returning to Norfolk. All Admirals games are broadcast on ESPN Radio 1310, sportsjuice.com and on a pay-per-view basis via the B2 Networks. For more information, visit norfolkadmirals.com.
The Admirals' first home game is Friday, October 19 at 7:15 p.m. against the Binghamton Senators. T o purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase Admirals season tickets, twenty-game plans, ten packs or group tickets, please stop by the Admirals' administrative offices at Scope or call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1. Jeff Tambellini - BRI
2. Joey MacDonald - BRI
3. Steve Regier - BRI
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2007
- Sound Tigers Shut Out Norfolk 2-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Americans end record night with 5-4 win over Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage move into first with 2-1 win over Peoria - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers shut out Norfolk 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lambert Gets First Win As Admirals Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Down Aeros In OT 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs get first win in shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Take 3-0 Win Over Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Shut Out by Sound Tigers - Norfolk Admirals
- Houston Aeros open up road portion of the season tonight in Iowa - Houston Aeros
- Moose release two; Assign Coulombe & Rahimi to Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Kings Assign Buckley To Germany - Manchester Monarchs
- Lake Erie Monsters and FSN Ohio complete deal to televise 20 games - Lake Erie Monsters
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Clayton Barthel - Connecticut Whale
- Bridgeport Wins Season Opener Against Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Columbus Reassigns Starkov and Pohl to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Rypien from Moose - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Stars Make Roster Moves - Iowa Chops
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.