Stars Make Roster MovesOctober 12, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Iowa Chops Press Release
White also announced today that defenseman Jeremy Scherlinck has been returned on loan to Idaho of the ECHL.
The Iowa Stars host their home opener tonight at 7:07 against the Houston Aeros at Wells Fargo Arena.
Grossman, 22, skated in eight NHL games for Dallas last season, collecting four penalty minutes. He appeared in 67 games for the Iowa Stars in 2006-07, notching 10 points (two goals, eight assists) and 40 penalty minutes, and his +7 rating was the best on the club. The native of Stockholm, Sweden, added 10 penalty minutes in eight Calder Cup Playoff games with Iowa.
Dallas' second round selection (No. 56 overall) in the 2004 Entry Draft, Grossman made his NHL debut on Dec. 2 vs. Minnesota and the Stars finished the season 7-0-1 when he was in the lineup. Grossman skated for Team Sweden at the 2004 and 2005 World Junior Championships.
Polak, 22, has gone scoreless in five career NHL games for Dallas, including two appearances last season. The native of Ostrad nad Ohri, Czech Republic, recorded 45 points (17 goals and 28 assists) and 48 penalty minutes in 67 games with Iowa in 2006-07, and added one goal in seven Calder Cup Playoff games last spring. Polak was originally selected in the second round (No. 38 overall) in the 2003 Entry Draft.
Gagnon, 21, is looking to make his professional debut after a stellar career with the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League. Signed as a free agent by Dallas on Feb. 2, 2007, the native of Armstrong, B.C., ranked second in the WHL in goals (42) and led Seattle in goals and points (80) last season. He was named a First-Team All-WHL All-Star and won the Brad Hornung Trophy as the league's most sportsmanlike player. Gagnon was originally selected by Phoenix in the eighth round (No. 240 overall) in the 2004 Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2007
- Sound Tigers Shut Out Norfolk 2-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Americans end record night with 5-4 win over Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage move into first with 2-1 win over Peoria - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers shut out Norfolk 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lambert Gets First Win As Admirals Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Down Aeros In OT 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs get first win in shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Take 3-0 Win Over Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Shut Out by Sound Tigers - Norfolk Admirals
- Houston Aeros open up road portion of the season tonight in Iowa - Houston Aeros
- Moose release two; Assign Coulombe & Rahimi to Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Kings Assign Buckley To Germany - Manchester Monarchs
- Lake Erie Monsters and FSN Ohio complete deal to televise 20 games - Lake Erie Monsters
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Clayton Barthel - Connecticut Whale
- Bridgeport Wins Season Opener Against Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Columbus Reassigns Starkov and Pohl to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Rypien from Moose - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Stars Make Roster Moves - Iowa Chops
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.