Keys Bats Awaken Too Late In 6-2 LossAugust 26, 2007 - Carolina League (CarL) - Frederick Keys Press Release
Indians starter Jim Deters dominated, working seven inning allowing just an unearned run on two hits to pick up his eleventh win on the year.
Keys 2B Jonathan Tucker drove home that unearned run with two outs in the sixth inning to bring Frederick within 3-1. Tucker went 2-for-4 with an RBI on the day.
But Kinston quickly distanced themselves, when the first four batters reached base in the bottom of the sixth en route to a three-run inning that buried Frederick.
After scoring a run on three hits in their first eight innings, the Keys repeated the feat in the ninth inning before 3B Pete Maestrales struck out looking to end the game with the potential tying runner on deck.
The series concludes Monday evening at 7:00 p.m. at Grainger Stadium with coverage beginning at 6:45 p.m. at frederickkeys.com.
Playoff tickets are on sale now for all games by calling 1-877-8-GO-KEYS or by purchasing online at frederickkeys.com. The first home game will be Game Two of the Northern Division Championship Series Thursday, September 6th at 7:00 p.m.
Carolina League Stories from August 26, 2007
- P-Nats Take Game One, Lead Suspended Game Two - Potomac Nationals
- Birds Drop Game One, Weather Halts Game Two - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Salem Wins Fifth Straight - Salem Red Sox
- Warthogs Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Salem - Winston-Salem Dash
- Deters tosses Indians to win - Kinston Indians
- Keys Bats Awaken Too Late In 6-2 Loss - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Justin Jones returns to Double-A - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.