Bozied Leads 'Birds Over GrizzJuly 30, 2007 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Memphis Redbirds Press Release
Tagg Bozied pounded out four hits and drove in three runs to lead the Redbirds. He drove in the club's first run in the bottom of the first then hit a solo shot to go back-to-back with Rick Ankiel in the second inning. The Birds first baseman belted his second homer of the night in the sixth inning to run his total to four home runs in his last three games. Jolbert Cabrera started the five-run second inning with his first home run of the year and Matt Pagnozzi chipped in a pair of hits. Scott McClain led Fresno with two hits and knocked in the team's lone run with a single in the sixth inning.
Memphis starter Mike Smith received the good fortune of the offensive outburst and earned his team-best 10th win of the season. He allowed one run on three hits with six strikeouts over seven strong innings. Tyler Johnson pitched one scoreless inning of relief in his major league rehab assignment. Travis Blackley lasted just 1.2 innings for Fresno. The lefty gave up six runs on seven hits, including three homers, before departing. The Grizzlies bullpen allowed one run on five hits over 6.1 innings.
The Redbirds will wrap-up their four-game series with Fresno and the homestand tomorrow night. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. with Memphis sending Chris Narveson to the hill. Fresno will counter with Chris Begg.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 30, 2007
- Bozied Leads 'Birds Over Grizz - Memphis Redbirds
- Bostik, Zephyrs Shut Out Portland - Portland Beavers
- Z's Blank Beavers - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Pettyjohn Tames Cats With Seven-Hit Shutout - Nashville Sounds
- Upcoming Homestand Preview - Portland Beavers
- Rainiers hold on for win - Tacoma Rainiers
- Seabol Swings Away With PCL Player Of The Week - Albuquerque Isotopes
- With Only Sixteen Home Games Left, Grizzlies Prepare For Huge Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Patton Named to Minor League News Fab50 - Round Rock Express
- PCL Names Collazo Pitcher of the Week - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Back To School Weekend And Fireworks Galore Underline Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Oklahoma RedHawks game notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Announce Silent Auction Weekend to Benefit Mike Coolbaugh Memorial Fund - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.