Z's Blank BeaversJuly 30, 2007 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - New Orleans Zephyrs
Third baseman Fernando Tatis and first baseman Andy Tracy both hit solo homers for the Zephyrs. Tatis finished 3-4 with two RBI in the game.
Starting pitcher Adam Bostick (5-5) was solid again, getting the win after shutting out the Beavers in six innings and allowing only three hits. Bostick struck out 10 Portland batters.
Zephyrs reliever Ivan Maldonado picked up his eighth save of the year after no-hitting the Beavers in the final inning.
Jack Cassell (7-11) gets the loss for Portland after giving up all three runs on seven hits in seven innings of play.
The win gives the Zephyrs a 2-1 edge in the series. They will finish off the four-game set on Tuesday in a game scheduled for 12:00 PM CT.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 30, 2007
- Bozied Leads 'Birds Over Grizz - Memphis Redbirds
- Bostik, Zephyrs Shut Out Portland - Portland Beavers
- Z's Blank Beavers - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Pettyjohn Tames Cats With Seven-Hit Shutout - Nashville Sounds
- Upcoming Homestand Preview - Portland Beavers
- Rainiers hold on for win - Tacoma Rainiers
- Seabol Swings Away With PCL Player Of The Week - Albuquerque Isotopes
- With Only Sixteen Home Games Left, Grizzlies Prepare For Huge Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Patton Named to Minor League News Fab50 - Round Rock Express
- PCL Names Collazo Pitcher of the Week - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Back To School Weekend And Fireworks Galore Underline Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Oklahoma RedHawks game notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Announce Silent Auction Weekend to Benefit Mike Coolbaugh Memorial Fund - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.