JetHawks Win 13th of 15 Games Against MavericksJuly 25, 2007 - California League (CalL) - Lancaster JetHawks
While the Mavericks tried to stay in the game early, the JetHawks pulled away with several big innings. Mark Wagner hit a home run in the second inning, combined with a bases-loaded triple by Steve Garrabrants to give the JetHawks a 6-3 lead through two innings.
Similarly, Aaron Bates' solo blast in the seventh inning was followed by a bases-loaded three-run double by Christian Lara and Zak Farkes' grand slam in the eighth capped off the scoring.
Lara and Brad Correll each had three hits for Lancaster, with one of Correll's a solo home run. T.J. Large pitched two scoreless innings of relief to earn his fifth win of the season.
The JetHawks complete a three-game homestand Thursday night against the High Desert Mavericks. The JetHawks starter will be Travis Beazley (1-1, 7.20) while the Mavericks go with Nathan Adcock (0-1, 21.00). The game starts at 7:00 PM and will be broadcast on radio at Magic 1340 AM, as well as on internet at www.JetHawks.com. The Pre-Game show starts the action at 6:45.
It will be a Cheers Buck Beers Thursday at the ballpark. Draught beers will cost just $1 each through the sixth inning.
Great tickets for most JetHawks home games are available now. Contact the JetHawks box office by phone at (661) 726-5400 or online at www.JetHawks.com.
California League Stories from July 25, 2007
- JetHawks Win 13th of 15 Games Against Mavericks - Lancaster JetHawks
- Ray Masterful In 4-0 Giants Shutout Victory - San Jose Giants
- Russ Ortiz Tentatively Scheduled To Rehab with the San Jose Giants - San Jose Giants
- Breast Cancer Awareness Night and Zooperstars kick off four game homestand at the Epicenter - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- JetHawks Hit Four Home Runs in 15-8 Win - Lancaster JetHawks
- Martinez Dominates Visalia In 6-3 Giants Win - San Jose Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.