Storm Continue Mystical Hold Over the JetHawksJuly 17, 2007 - California League (CalL) Lancaster JetHawks
The game was a pitcher's duel in the early going, as both T.J. Nall of the JetHawks and Matt Buschmann of the Storm excelled. Lancaster took a 2-0 lead in the third inning on a RBI double by Ryan Khoury and a RBI single by Tony Granadillo. The Storm scored three times in the sixth inning to go up 4-2.
It stayed that way until the eighth inning. Needing some heroics, Granadillo started off the inning with a single to right field. An out later Brad Correll hit a two-run homer over the center field wall, tying the game. For Correll it was his eleventh home run in just fifteen games with the JetHawks.
The controversial play came with two outs in the ninth inning and a runner at third base. David Freese hit a ground ball towards the hole on the left side of the infield. Ryan Khoury made a diving stop, got up and fired a quick throw to first base. The throw was a little offline. First baseman Scott White dove to make the catch, believing he kept his foot on the first base bag. The umpire disagreed and the run scored, giving the Storm the win.
Granadillo had four hits for the JetHawks and drove in a run. Khoury, Correll, and Mickey Hall each had two hits.
The JetHawks continue a six-game homestand Wednesday night against the Lake Elsinore Storm. The JetHawks starter will be John Barnes (3-4, 7.71) while the Storm go with Greg Burke (3-2, 3.25). The game starts at 7:00 PM and will be broadcast on radio at Magic 1340 AM, as well as on internet at www.JetHawks.com. The Clubhouse Show airs at 5 PM with special guests JetHawks manager Chad Epperson, Red Sox Director of Player Development Mike Hazen, and Rancho Cucamonga Quakes manager/former Dodgers outfielder Bobby Mitchell.
California League Stories from July 17, 2007
- Storm Continue Mystical Hold Over the JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
- Quakes Set For Action-Packed Six-Game Homestand - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Quakes to Hold Breast Cancer Awareness Night at The Epicenter - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Quakes to Hold Military Appreciation Day at The Epicenter - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Throwback "Two for One" Tuesday at the Epicenter Tonight - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Watch Happy Feet at Municipal Stadium for Free Saturday - San Jose Giants
- Giants at Visalia Oaks July 17-19 - San Jose Giants
- Ishikawa's 12th Inning Single Gives San Jose 4-3 Win - San Jose Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.