Rapids Trade Rights to Chris Wingert, Waive Roberto BrownJuly 13, 2007 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Colorado Rapids
In exchange for Wingert, the Rapids received a first round supplemental pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft and a second round supplemental pick in 2009.
Wingert played in 16 matches for the Rapids after being acquired on draft day in 2006. The former MAC Hermann Trophy winner has had two assists during his four-year MLS career.
Brown came to the Rapids this past off-season and scored 3 goals in 13 of the Rapids' 17 games so far in 2007.
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2007
- Chivas USA releases midfielder Mohammed Sethi - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Fire Game Notes - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Trade Rights to Chris Wingert, Waive Roberto Brown - Colorado Rapids
- MLS Weekly Preview & Broadcast Info - MLS
- Chicago Fire-Celtic FC Friendly to Air Live on Fox Soccer Channel - Chicago Fire
- Kansas City Wizards Host Real Salt Lake to Begin Second Half of MLS Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Mo's Men Travel To Houston - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Launch Chicago Fire Soccer Academy - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.