Lakewood Claws Past 'Birds, 2-1June 26, 2007 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Delmarva Shorebirds Press Release
Lakewood starter Andrew Cruse gave up the one Delmarva run on four hits in five innings and ended the evening with six strikeouts but did not favor in the decision. Michael Dubee picked up the win in relief for the Claws going two and two-thirds innings allowing just two hits. RJ Swindle picked up his sixth save in as many attempts going the final inning and a third.
Delmarva starter Pedro Beato threw seven strong innings but suffered the hard luck loss giving up two runs while striking out eight. Brandon Tripp had the lone RBI on a two out double scoring Pedro Florimon in the third inning. Chris Vinyard was two for four on the night.
The Shorebirds have Wednesday off and open up a six game homestand Thursday night at Perdue Stadium. Delmarva's last home game was on Sunday, June 10th. The Lakewood BlueClaws open the homestand against the Birds and will send lefthander Antonio Bastardo (2-0, 0.95 ERA) the mound against Delmarva's Kyle Schmidt (3-3, 3.80 ERA). First pitch is set for 7:05pm.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 26, 2007
- Carlton Smith SAL Pitcher of the Week - Lake County Captains
- Crawdads Get Even with Intimidators - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Manager Teufel Earns 200th Win - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Drive Sweep Twinbill Over Legends - Greenville Drive
- Jackets Shut Out Power Again - Augusta GreenJackets
- Suns Drop Sixth Straight Road Game, 9-2 - Hagerstown Suns
- Lakewood Claws Past 'Birds, 2-1 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Dads' Early Push Too Much for Intimidators - Hickory Crawdads
- Blueclaws Top 'Birds, 2-1 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Offense Silenced by Augusta - West Virginia Power
- Captains Hurler Pitcher Of The Week - Lake County Captains
- GreenJackets Game Notes - Augusta GreenJackets
- BlueClaws to Host Troop Supply Drive on July 5th - Lakewood BlueClaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.