Spoone Srikes Out 11 as Keys Top PotomacJune 25, 2007 - Carolina League (CarL) - Frederick Keys Press Release
Spoone was electric, retiring the first 13 batters he faced until Nationals 1B Brett McMillan walked with one out in the fifth inning.
It would take till the eighth inning for the Nationals to register a hit. RF Edgardo Baez singled with one out in the frame to break the no-hit bid by Spoone. The last Keys no-hitter was April 12th, 2006 when RHP Radhames Liz and three others combined to no-hit Salem.
With the Keys on top 2-0 in the ninth inning the Nationals rallied. Against Keys reliever Josh Potter, Potomac 2B Ofilio Castro doubled off of the first base bag. Then with one down LF Chris Marrero lined an RBI single to left-center field to push the score to 2-1. After 1B Brett McMillan singled to put the potential tying runner in scoring position, C Brian Peacock hit into the game-ending double play.
The Keys will finish their six-game road trip at 12:05 p.m. against the Potomac Nationals Tuesday, June 26th in Woodbridge, VA. The game will be aired on Vegas Radio 1520-AM in the Frederick area.
Frederick returns home to take on the Kinston Indians Wednesday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m. It will be the Wacky Wednesday Shades Spectacular at Harry Grove Stadium as the Keys kick-off their second half home schedule.
For Keys tickets contact the box office at 1-877-8-GO-KEYS or purchase online at frederickkeys.com.
Carolina League Stories from June 25, 2007
- Records Abound for Pelicans in 15-6 Win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Blue Rocks Drop Rain-Shortened Game, 2-0 - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Spoone Keys Frederick Victory - Potomac Nationals
- Spoone Srikes Out 11 as Keys Top Potomac - Frederick Keys
- Warthogs Win Rain-Shortened Game, 2-0 - Winston-Salem Dash
- McCulloch Again Named Carolina League Pitcher of the Week - Winston-Salem Dash
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Kinston Game Postponed - Kinston Indians
- Avs and Indians wiped out - Salem Red Sox
- Blue Rocks Begin Six-Game Homestand On Wednesday - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Campbell Named Carolina League Player of The Week - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Five Days And Counting...2007 Ticket Books - Salem Red Sox
- Warthogs Game Preview - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Pelicans to Host Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.