Phillies, Maloney Shut Down Curve, 4-3June 25, 2007 - Eastern League (EL) - Reading Fightin Phils
The Phillies (36-39) had four runs by the fourth inning, lefty Matt Maloney struck out the side in the first inning, and the Phillies prevailed 4-3 before 7,652.
Maloney tossed a season-high 7.2 innings in evening his record at 6-6. He allowed two runs and four hits, matched his season best with seven strikeouts, and walked two batters. He has a 2.98 ERA over his last seven outings (3-3).
Offensively, Jason Hill's one-out double was the key hit in a two-run second. A two-out home run by Chris Coste, his fifth, came up big in the third.
With a pair of solo homers, including one in the ninth off Chris Key, Adam Boeve supplied much of the Curve's offense. Altoona fell to 36-37.
Eastern League Stories from June 25, 2007
- Buchholz Fans 11 as 'Dogs Beat 'Cats - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Rally Falls Short - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder Drop Third Straight to Erie - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats Erase Defecit, Beat Defenders - Connecticut Defenders
- Aeros Take Three of Four from BaySox - Akron RubberDucks
- B-Mets Fall To Senators - Binghamton Mets
- Fisher Cats Extend Record Streak Of Standing-Room-Only Crowds - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve Set To Open Eight-Game Homestand On Tuesday - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators Game Notes - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Charlie Zink Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Player Moves Rock Senators' Roster - Harrisburg Senators
- Special Event Coming To Waterfront Park This Thursday - Trenton Thunder
- Thunder To Host Environmental Awareness Fair This Saturday - Trenton Thunder
- June 26 and June 27 Game Times - Portland Sea Dogs
- Phillies, Maloney Shut Down Curve, 4-3 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Boeve's Blasts Not Enough In 4-3 Curve Loss To Reading - Altoona Curve
- EL Pitcher/Player of the Week - EL
- Zink Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.