Parra Gone, Inman ArrivesJune 15, 2007 - Southern League (SL) - Huntsville Stars
Parra made 13 starts for Huntsville, going 7-3 with a 2.68 earned run average, the lowest of any qualifying pitcher in the Southern League. He won each of his last two decisions and five of his last seven since the start of May. Parra went seven shutout frames in his last start with the Stars Wednesday night, retiring 22 of 23 hitters before giving up two runs in the eighth inning in what turned out to be a 3-2 Huntsville win. It will be his first opportunity to pitch at the triple-A level after joining the organization as a draft and follow in 2002.
Former Stars' pitcher Yovani Gallardo was called up to the major leagues from triple-A to replace the injured Chris Capuano, necessitating the promotion of Parra. Gallardo, a six-game winner for the Stars last season, was 8-3 with a 2.90 ERA in 13 starts for the Sounds and fanned 110 batters in 77 2/3 innings.
Inman made 13 starts for Brevard County, going 4-3 with a 1.72 ERA. He struck out 98 and walked 23 in 78 2/3 innings of work. The 20-year-old was a third round selection by the Brewers in 2005.
Southern League Stories from June 15, 2007
- Stars Swept In Twin Bill - Huntsville Stars
- Tennessee Tied For First Place With The Huntsville Stars - Jackson Generals
- M-Braves Lead Drops to One - Mississippi Braves
- Suns Within One Game of First Place with Friday Win - Jacksonville Suns
- BayBears continue hot run - Mobile BayBears
- Suns shine on, 7-1 over Montgomery - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies lose a tough one 4-2 - Tennessee Smokies
- Mudcats can't come up with big hit in 6-4 loss - Carolina Mudcats
- Diamond Jaxx Roster Moves - Jackson Generals
- Diamond Jaxx Newsletter - Jackson Generals
- Parra Gone, Inman Arrives - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.