Manship Keeps Kernels Offense in CheckJune 12, 2007 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
After Cedar Rapids took a 1-0 lead after the top of the first inning, Johnny Woodard helped the Snappers strike right back in the bottom half. Woodard drove home Wilson Ramos on his tenth home run of the season and gave Beloit a 2-1 lead. That would be all that Manship and company would need.
Two more runs by the Snappers in the bottom of the third inning helped build Beloit's lead to 4-1. RBI's from Danny Valencia and Chris Parmelee gave the Snappers enough breathing room to win their second consecutive game over the Kernels.
Both teams would score in the eighth inning to make it a 5-2 game. Reliever, Rob Delaney, took it from there. Delaney pitched a scoreless top of the ninth inning to add to his league leading save total (21).
Midwest League Stories from June 12, 2007
- Loons Complete Three-Game Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Hang On to Beat Chiefs - Burlington Bees
- Souza Helps Rattlers Snap Losing Streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Playoff Hopes Dwindle as Swing Lose - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whitecaps Six-Run Rally Falls Short, 9-7 - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dayton Drops Lansing Again - Lansing Lugnuts
- Manship Keeps Kernels Offense in Check - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Lose Close One at Burlington, 3-2 - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Fall in Iowa - Kane County Cougars
- Clinched! Dragons Headed to Midwest League Playoffs - Dayton Dragons
- Networks To Take Turn In Swing Broadcast Booth - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Return of the Matt - Burlington Bees
- Bases loaded walk gives Snappers nightcap, 5-4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kernels rally to take game one, 4-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.