Greensboro Deals Legends 13-4 LossJune 11, 2007 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Lexington Legends Press Release
The Legends had the early lead with two runs in the second inning. Max Sapp drilled a double off of the centerfield wall. Jimmy Van Ostrand walked and he and Sapp were moved up a base by Eric Taylor's sacrifice bunt. Jhon Florentino laced a single to right field to score Sapp from third base. Van Ostrand moved to third and scored on Ralphie Henriquez' sacrifice fly.
A throwing error by Florentino opened the door for Greensboro in the third inning. Daniel Garcia reached on Florentino's mistake and moved to third on John Raynor's double. A wild pitch allowed Garcia to score. Scott Cousins' drag bunt single scored Raynor to tie the game. Cousins navigated around the bases and scored on passed ball by Ralphie Henriquez. Jake Blackwood reached on a fielder's choice and scored on Logan Morrison's two run homer.
Cousins added a two-run single in the fourth to make it 7-2 Greensboro. The Legends drew closer with a two-run dinger by Tim Torres in the fifth inning to make it 7-4.
Greensboro pulled away for good with four runs in the sixth inning. Two runs scored on Adam Howard's two-run blast. Howard added a second, two-run home run in the eighth inning to end the scoring at 13-4.
Doug Arguello (5-4) received the loss allowing seven runs on ten hits in four innings of work. Hector Correa earned the win with five innings pitched. Correa (1-2) allowed all four Legends runs on four hits
The Legends will Greensboro on Tuesday night at 7:00pm in game two of the three game series. Casey Hudspeth (will oppose Christhian Martinez. Legends network coverage will begin at 6:45pm.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 11, 2007
- Power has the Wright Stuff in win over 'Dads - Hickory Crawdads
- Bard And Phillips Combine On Drive's First No-Hitter - Greenville Drive
- Savannah Pounds Out 15 Hits to Defeat Charleston, 10-5 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Greenville No-Hits Kannapolis in Rain-Shortened Game - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Suns Nip Blueclaws, 7-6 - Hagerstown Suns
- Greensboro Deals Legends 13-4 Loss - Lexington Legends
- Catfish Bite The Braves - Rome Braves
- 'Birds Bounce Back With Solid Win Over Lake County, 4-1 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hagerstown Holds On for 7-6 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- West Virginia Brings the Wright Stuff to Hickory - West Virginia Power
- GreenJackets Game Postponed on Monday Night - Augusta GreenJackets
- Westbrook To Start For The Captains On Wednesday - Lake County Captains
- BlueClaws Wrap Up First Half at Home - Lakewood BlueClaws
- John Henry Moss Named Grand Marshall of Parade - Rome Braves
- Future Hall of Famer Ripken Coming to Augusta - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.