Joe Newman to remain as ABA CEOFebruary 5, 2007 - American Basketball Association (ABA)
Mr. Newman also stated today that several claims had been filed in a Chicago court alleging that certain members of the ABA Board of Directors, together with Severko Hrywnak, owner of the Rochester RazorSharks, an ABA team, and A.J. Discala, principal of Brax Capital Group LLC., have unlawfully agreed to attempt to wrest control of the ABA from its current management, including Mr. Newman, in violation of applicable laws.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
American Basketball Association Stories from February 5, 2007
- Sea Dawgs Defeat the Nighthawks - Wilmington Sea Dawgs
- Joe Newman to remain as ABA CEO - ABA
- Board of Directors of American Basketball Association, Inc. Votes to Remove CEO - ABA
- Imperials imposing defense leads to victory - Palm Beach Imperials
- Riverhawks go 3-0 over weekend - Quad City Riverhawks
- Quebec wins two over weekend - Kebs de Laval
- Top five remain same in ABA Power Rankings - ABA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.