Bruins' Krejci named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the WeekJanuary 22, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL)
The 20-year-old Krejci posted four consecutive two-point efforts last week. He began by scoring a pair of first-period goals in Providence's 3-2 win at Hartford on Wednesday night, then garnered two assists in Friday's 3-2 shootout loss to Springfield. Krejci would add a goal and an assist in each half of the Bruins' home-and-home sweep of Portland, leading Providence to 6-4 and 3-2 victories over the Pirates on Saturday and Sunday.
In recognition of his achievement, Krejci will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Bruins home game.
A second-round pick (63rd overall) by the parent Boston Bruins in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Krejci is tied for first among all AHL rookies with 28 assists and fourth in rookie scoring with 42 points in 42 games this season. The native of Sternberk, Czech Republic, is currently on an eight-game scoring streak (7g, 8a), during which time the Bruins have gone 7-0-0-1.
Other nominees for CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week include Albany left wing Cody McLeod, Binghamton center Josh Hennessy, Bridgeport goaltender Wade Dubielewicz, Chicago center Cory Larose, Hamilton right wing Duncan Milroy, Hartford left wing Nigel Dawes, Hershey center Dave Steckel, Houston goaltender Josh Harding, Iowa left wing Janos Vas, Manchester center Marty Murray, Norfolk center Martin St. Pierre, Omaha goaltender Curtis McElhinney, Peoria center Ryan Ramsay, Rochester left wing Clarke MacArthur, San Antonio center Yanick Lehoux, Springfield goaltender Karri Ramo, Syracuse left wing Mark Hartigan, Toronto center Kris Newbury and Worcester right wing Graham Mink.
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2007
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Albany River Rats Notebook - Albany River Rats
- AHL stars ready to shine in Toronto - AHL
- Amerks win three of four in nation's heartland.doc - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Announce Concert Series - Adirondack Phantoms
- San Antonio Rampage Week 16 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose streak ends at six - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Visit Rochester for Possible Playoff Preview - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Governor Lynch Joins Monarchs, New Hampshire Sports Community to Unveil New Charitable Initiative - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros assign D Ovington to CHL Austin - Houston Aeros
- Bulldogs host Rampage and Moose this weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Knights Tour Comes To Big Fred's on Monday - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Set to Battle Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- P-Bruins Krejci Named CCM/Vector AHL Player of the Week - Providence Bruins
- Rene Bourque Assigned to Admirals for Conditioning - Norfolk Admirals
- Bruins' Krejci named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Rivermen weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Iowa roster undergoes changes - Iowa Chops
- Sound Tigers Weekly News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Flames Return Moss, Boyd and Godard - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins assign Welch to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks have huge weekend, gain six points - Worcester Sharks
- Aeros Weekly Report - Houston Aeros
- Iowa Stars Weekly - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.