Tony Stewart races into Pepsi ColiseumJanuary 2, 2007 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Indiana Ice
Winner of the 2005 Brickyard 400, Tony Stewart returns to the Indiana Ice bench as an "Honorary Assistant Coach" for the first period of play, where he is 1-0 after a 6-5 overtime win against Sioux Falls last season. After the conclusion of the period, six rows of lucky fans will win a chance to meet the "Rushville Rocket" during an intermission and get autographs and/or a picture.
The evening will start at 6 p.m. with a special pre-game VIP party with the "Columbus Comet" at the Old National Bank Grand Hall. The VIP party with Tony Stewart features a special dinner, autograph session, and a silent auction for special Tony Stewart memorabilia. All proceeds will go to support the Tony Stewart Foundation, a major supporter of local youth-based charities.
The Ice will suit up in special commemorative Tony Stewart/J.D. Byrider jerseys as they do battle with East Division foe Chicago. Throughout the game, fans will have the opportunity to bid for their favorite player's game worn jersey signed by Tony Stewart at Ice merchandise stands.
Tickets for the VIP pre-game party are $75 and include admission to the game. They can be purchased through the Indiana Ice offices by calling (317) 925-4423.
Regular ticket prices are $11 and $15 and can be purchased for Wednesday's game and all home games at all Ticketmaster locations including select Marsh Supermarkets, Karma Records and the Pepsi Coliseum and Conseco Fieldhouse box offices, or by calling 239-5151 or online at ticketmaster.com. Indiana Ice season and group tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the Ice office at 925-4423.
For all the latest Ice information, please visit www.indianaice.com.
The Indiana Ice is a member of the United States Hockey League, an elite junior developmental league.
United States Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2007
- Storm game rescheduled - Tri-City Storm
- RoughRiders Coach's Show Returns Tomorrow Night at 6:00 on AM-1360 The Fan - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Weekly Update - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Stampede Host Sioux City this Friday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL names players of the week - USHL
- Tony Stewart races into Pepsi Coliseum - Indiana Ice
- Ice open up '07 with division rivalries - Indiana Ice
- Ohio acquires Danny Markowitz from Tri-City - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- USA Today at Storm game Friday - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.