Portland Pirates Weekly ReportDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) Portland Pirates
Didn't unwrap a winning lottery ticket over the holidays? Don't worry, you can still win! Now you can send that non-winning Maine State Lottery ticket to the Pirates and be entered into the Maine State Lottery / Portland Pirates Second Chance Sweepstakes!
Next home game: Friday, December 29th - 7:05 PM vs. Springfield Falcons
Every Friday is Amato's Future Stars Friday! All you need to do is present your Amato's Future Stars ID card at the ticket window the day of the game or in advance and you will receive one (1) FREE reserved seat. To get your Amato's Future Stars ID card call the Pirates at (207) 828-4665. Friday will also be Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram Family Night with the Portland Pirates. Bring the whole family to this Portland Pirates game for just $25! Check out the Maine Sunday Telegram/Portland Press Herald every Sunday and Thursday before the Friday Family Night game for your Family Night coupon. Plus, in celebration of 30 Years of AHL Hockey in Portland, the Pirates will be wearing throwback jerseys for the final time this season.
Throwback Jersey Auction!
The first group of these special jerseys is now available for purchase through an online auction. The minimum bid for each jersey is $250 (USD) and the minimum bid increment is $25. The current highest bids will be posted daily on www.portlandpirates.com. All bids must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, January 5th. At the close of the auction, an email will be sent to the winning bidder for each jersey. Don't miss your chance at a piece of Pirates History, click here to place your bid!
Win Airline Tickets courtesy of jetBlue!
People who cast a vote on the Pirates weekly on-line fan poll question will have the option to enter to win one of two (2) round trips for two (2) people on JetBlue Airways. The winner has the option to fly from Portland to New York (JFK) or from Boston (Logan) to any non-stop JetBlue city. One winner will be selected on February 2, 2007 and one winner will be selected on April 20, 2007. So cast your vote and good luck from the Pirates and JetBlue! Vote now!
Sunday, December 31st - 5:35 PM vs. Hartford Wolf Pack
Kids New Years with fireworks sponsored by U.S.Cellular!
After the game, the Pirates will host the largest indoor fireworks show in the state choreographed by the award winning team at Atlas PyroVision Productions.
Want to have breakfast with the boys? Right now stop into Eggspectation at 125 Western Ave. in South Portland and enter to win Breakfast with the Boys. Two lucky fans, each with three guests, will enjoy much more than eggs when they have free breakfast with two Pirates players at Eggspectation at 7am Tuesday, February 27th. Following breakfast is a trip to a Pirates team practice where you can watch practice, take pictures and get a VIP tour of the Pirates locker room.
Free Kids Tickets at Wendy's
The Portland Pirates and Wendy's are proud to announce that they have partnered up to offer FREE kids tickets at greater Portland area Wendy's. Pirates fans can visit local Wendy's restaurants and pick up a coupon for a FREE kids ticket to any 2006-07 Pirates home game. In addition, any time the Pirates win a home game, fans can bring their ticket stubs to local Wendy's restaurants - either that night or the following day - to receive a FREE small chili.
Special Offer at Costa Vida
Bring your Portland Pirates ticket stub to Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill and score a free appetizer or dessert with purchase of an entrée.
THE WEEK AHEAD...
WCSH 6 Coach's Corner
Head Coach Kevin Dineen recently sat down with Lee Goldberg for a brand new edition of coach's corner now produced and presented by WCSH 6 which can be seen at www.portlandpirates.com.
Eye on the Pirates
Every Thursday during the 6 o'clock news on WCSH 6, sports anchor Lee Goldberg focuses on the Pirates top stories and headlines and previews the upcoming weekend.
Gillies on FOX Sports Maine
Every Thursday at 4:25 p.m. tune in to Fox Sports Maine (97.5 FM, 1280 AM and 1450 AM) and hear "The Penalty Box" with host John Brubaker and Pirates forward Trevor Gillies.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.