Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall HejdaDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Hamilton Bulldogs Press Release
Roy, 23, did not see any playing time with the Oilers since being recalled from Hamilton on December 13th. The native of St-Georges, Quebec, was a healthy scratch in five games between December 14th and 23rd. In 25 games with Hamilton this season, Roy has accumulated 16 points (6-10-16) and 19 penalty minutes with a plus-16 rating. At the time of his recall, Roy led all Bulldogs' defencemen in scoring and was tied for fourth in the AHL with a plus-16 rating.
Roy made his NHL debut with Edmonton on February 12th, 2006 versus the St. Louis Blues and was held scoreless. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound blueliner was drafted by the Oilers in the 7th round, 215th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Hejda, 28, was assigned to Hamilton on December 13th and registered three assists with 21 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in five games with the Bulldogs. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound defenceman has appeared in eight games this season with Edmonton, posting one assist and four penalty minutes. Hejda made his NHL debut with the Oilers versus the Dallas Stars on November 3rd and picked up his first-career point, an assist, against the Columbus Blue Jackets on November 10th.
A native of Prague, Czech Republic, Hejda was obtained from the Buffalo Sabres on July 10th in exchange for the Oilers' 7th round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Buffalo originally drafted Hejda in the 4th round, 106th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League is the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. Over 80 percent of NHL players are AHL graduates, and more than 350 AHL players were recalled to the NHL during the 2005-2006 season alone.
The Bulldogs return to action at 7:05 p.m. tonight (Friday, December 26th) when they invade Rochester to battle the Americans at Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial. Fans can listen to the game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM "The Legend," beginning with the Park's Furniture Pre-Game Show at 6:45 p.m. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'B2 Networks' or '820 CHAM' icon on the 'Dogs website.
The 'Dogs next home game is on Wednesday, December 27th at Copps Coliseum against the Manitoba Moose at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for all 'Dogs home games (except home game #32) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.