Flache Returns to GwinnettSeptember 7, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) - Atlanta Gladiators
Flache returns to Gwinnett as he appeared in 62 games during the Gladiators inaugural season in 2003-04. He posted 3 goals and 15 assists for the Gladiators during the regular season for a career best 18 points.
The Lakehurst, Ontario native scored the double overtime game winning goal for the Gladiators in game 4 of the Division Finals against the Louisiana IceGators in the 2004 Kelly Cup Playoffs. Flache finished the post season with 4 points in 10 games while helping the Gladiators to the Western Conference Finals against the Idaho Steelheads.
Flache spent time in each of the past three seasons in the American Hockey League. During the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons, Flache suited up for the Chicago Wolves while he appeared in 40 games last year with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Flache has collected 25 points in 110 career AHL games.
The 6-foot-6, 227-pound defenseman was twice drafted as he was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 5th round, #152 overall in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft and then picked by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 5th round, #144 overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
Flache began his professional career during the 2002-03 season with the Greenville Grrrowl after three seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Brampton Battalion. The blueliner had a goal and 9 assists for 10 points in 46 games during his rookie season with Greenville.
The Gwinnett Gladiators open their fourth season as a proud member of the ECHL in October of 2006 - season tickets are on sale now. In addition, the Gladiators offer several unique multi-game ticket packages as well as discounted group rates, suite rentals, and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and play all home games on the Your Best Rate Financial Home Ice at the spectacular 11,355-seat at the Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, where parking is always free.
ECHL Stories from September 7, 2006
- Long Beach signs Hanna, not Barbera - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Yeats and David to appear Lloyd's RV - Texas Wildcatters
- Falcons Set Pre-Season Schedule - Fresno Falcons
- Thunder Announces 2006-07 Exhibition Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Former Nailer Re-signs with WBS Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- RIBEAU Entertainment, LLC Selects Project Consultant for New Arena - Columbia Inferno
- Steelheads announce 2006 training camp schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals' Individual Game Tickets Primed For Sale - Reading Royals
- Wildcatters Add Rookie To The Mix - Texas Wildcatters
- Flache Returns to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades change on-sale date for individual tickets - Florida Everblades
- Salmon Kings poised to drop the pre-season puck - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.