Carolina defeats West TennJuly 29, 2005 - Southern League (SL) - Jackson Generals Press Release
Ungs (6-4) allowed five walks and committed the only error of the night on his way to the history books. The Dyersville, IA native threw 118 pitches to become the first Southern League pitcher to throw a no-hitter this season.
Carolina got both runs in the third inning off losing pitcher Jae-kuk Ryu (8-6) as Jeremy Hermida and Jason Hill slapped back-to-back bloop singles of the Seoul, South Korea native. Ryu allowed two runs on five hits in six innings of work. Federico Baez and Jon Searles combined to throw three shutout innings out of the bullpen.
The Diamond Jaxx and Carolina will play the middle game of the three game series on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. Cubs SS Nomar Garciaparra will play in his first of at least two games with the Diamond Jaxx. Tickets are available by calling the Diamond Jaxx at (731) 988-5299.
Southern League Stories from July 29, 2005
- BayBears win streak over - Mobile BayBears
- Smokies Drop Fourth Straight to Braves - Tennessee Smokies
- Braves snap 3-game skid - Mississippi Braves
- Carolina defeats West Tenn - Jackson Generals
- Guzman's slam backs sparkling pitching - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies set for first ever high school showcase - Tennessee Smokies
- Suns' reliever Broxton promoted to Major Leagues - Jacksonville Suns
- Garciaparra to make rehab appearance with Diamond Jaxx - Jackson Generals
- Mississippi Braves Homestand Happenings - Mississippi Braves
- Barons' Blakely bashes Biscuits in 10th - Montgomery Biscuits
- Barons walk off with win, 9-8 - Birmingham Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.