RiverKings trade rights to defenseman Jeff Cameron to TopekaJanuary 14, 2005 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Mississippi RiverKings
The 23 year-old Cameron, a native of Barachois, New Brunswick, had played in all 33 games for the RiverKings this season and had scored two goals and assisted on nine others.
"Cameron left the team at his request and, despite signing with Columbus of the S.P.H.L.(Southern Professional Hockey League) yesterday, we still owned his C.H.L. rights. With this trade, those rights now belong to Topeka" RiverKings Head Coach Mark Richards said. Cameron made his debut with Columbus last night and hd two assists in their 5-3 win over Macon.
The 31 year-old Robertson comes to Memphis as a six-year veteran of 359 C.H.L. games while having played one season in Macon, four in Oklahoma City and this season in Topeka. In his career, the Rothesay, New Brunswick native has 55 goals and 129 assists. His best season was the 2001-2002 campaign when he scored 16 goals and had 31 assists for the Blazers.
The RiverKings begin a three-game road swing tonight with a battle against the Southwest Division leading Lubbock Cottton Kings at 7:05. That will be followed with games tomorrow night at 7:11 in Amarillo and a Martin Luther King Junior Day matinee on Monday afternoon at 3:05.
A RiverKings game can be even more fun when you take it in with your group or organization. Get your group together and have a great time at the DeSoto Civic Center. For more information or to purchase season tickets, group tickets, mini-plans, or 9 game vouchers call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 and ask for the sales department or stop by the DCC during business hours.
Catch all the exciting action of 2004-2005 RiverKings Hockey on Sports 56 WHBQ.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2005
- Eagles Fly Past Bees 5-1 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tarantulas activate Flaman, waive Bull - Topeka Tarantulas
- RiverKings game-day preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL grants Young emergency leave of absence - Mississippi RiverKings
- Medley Back In Line-Up For Saints - San Angelo Saints
- Bucks To Honor Fallen Laredo Soldier - Laredo Bucks
- Oakley CHL Player & Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Second half of Rayz season begins tonight - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Carroll Called Up to AHL - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- 2005 Dodge CHL All-Star Game On FSN Tonight At 7 p.m. - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado @ Rio Grande Valley Game Night Preview - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings trade rights to defenseman Jeff Cameron to Topeka - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantulas trade Robertson to Memphis - Topeka Tarantulas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.