Rampage sign Nathan Horton to AHL contractOctober 29, 2004 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
The 19-year-old, taken third overall by the Florida Panthers in the 2003 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft, is expected to play for the Rampage this evening against the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks. Horton now becomes the second-youngest player in the AHL this season.
In 55 games with the Panthers last season, the 6-foot-2, 201-pound Horton, accumulated 14 goals and eight assists (14-8-22). The Welland, Ontario native became the youngest player to ever score a penalty shot in the NHL on January 8, 2004 in Philadelphia as he enjoyed the best game of his season scoring three points (2-1-3).
Horton, the second-youngest player taken in the first round of the 2003 draft, has been skating with the Rampage while rehabilitating a shoulder injury.
The Rampage (2-4-1-0) play the Mighty Ducks tonight at Cincinnati Gardens at 7:35 EDT. All regular season games can be heard on the Rampages flagship station The Ticket 760 AM (subject to conflicts). Ticket packages for the Rampages 2004-05 season are on sale now. For ticket information, please call (210) 444-5050 or visit www.sarampage.com.
American Hockey League Stories from October 29, 2004
- Grizzlies Hard-Fought Battle Fails to Earn a Point - Utah Grizzlies
- Falcons Edged by Portland in Shootout, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros rally for big 3-2 road win - Houston Aeros
- There'll Be No Sister Kissing In the AHL This Season - OSC Original by Ed Gonser
- King Scores Game-Winner and First Pro Goal - Worcester IceCats
- Nittymaki shuts down Bulldogs offence - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Stretch Win Streak To Five Games - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins' streak ends at five - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Budaj brilliant as Bears win in shootout at Syracuse 1-0 - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Lose 5-0 In Manchester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ducks fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Phantoms win 4-1 at Hamilton - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bruins fall to Worcester - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Assign Two to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage announce game time change - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Game Day: Cincinnati Mighty Ducks - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage sign Nathan Horton to AHL contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose recall Burrows from Columbia - Manitoba Moose
- Grizzlies Sign Nick Naumenko - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Host Defending Champs at the 'E'Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Next Fan Club event is November 9 - Houston Aeros
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Bears head to upstate New York tonight to take on the Crunch - Hershey Bears
- Aeros, Road Runners bring sibling rivalry to new heights - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.