Islanders Trade Nasreddine For WebbMarch 8, 2004 - American Hockey League (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Prior to joining Pittsburgh this season, Webb had played his entire NHL career with the Islanders. From 1996 through the end of last season, the Peterborough, Ontario native played in 311 games with the Islanders, recording five goals, 13 assists, 18 points and 530 penalty minutes.
Webb had four goals, seven assists, 11 points and 48 penalty minutes in 30 games with Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, as well as two penalty minutes in five games with Pittsburgh this season. He had one goal and 75 penalty minutes in 49 games with the Islanders last season.
Webb was originally drafted in the seventh round, with the 176th pick, of the 1994 NHL draft by the Buffalo Sabres. He spent his first professional season, 1995-96, with the International Hockey League's Detroit Vipers and Colonial Hockey League's Muskegon Fury after a three-year, 1992-95, junior career split between the Ontario Hockey League's Windsor Spitfires and Peterborough Petes.
Nasreddine signed as a free agent with the Islanders in the summer of 2002 and recorded three goals, nine assists, 12 points and 114 penalty minutes in 67 games with the Sound Tigers, as well as two penalty minutes in three games with the Islanders last season. He had one goal, six assists, seven points and 70 penalty minutes in 53 games with the Sound Tigers this season.
The Sound Tigers will host the Providence Bruins at Bridgeport's Arena at Harbor Yard this Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. The game will be broadcast live on 600 WICC-AM and at www.soundtigers.com beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Sound Tigers individual-game tickets are on sale at the Harbor Yard box office Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Saturday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and on all game days, as well as on-line at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 203-368-1000.
Information regarding Sound Tigers season tickets, partial plans, flex packs, group discounts, birthday parties, suite packages and sponsorship opportunities is available by calling 203-334-GOAL or logging on to www.soundtigers.com.
Groups, organizations, companies, etc. that are interested in having a member of the Sound Tigers appear at an event are also invited to call 203-334-GOAL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2004
- Penguins acquire defenseman Nasreddine - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins end Texas trip with 4-1 loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sunshine Kids continue to profit as Aeros pull away for 4-1 win - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms defeat Albany 6-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Islanders Trade Nasreddine For Webb - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kings Recall Hnilicka; Assign Chouinard And Grebeshkov - Manchester Monarchs
- Royal Review - Manchester Monarchs
- Kings Acquire Carter; Trade Aulin - Manchester Monarchs
- Moose wrap up homestand this week - Manitoba Moose
- Laviolette Heads Binghamton Hall of Fame Inductees - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Deal Piros for Rossiter - Chicago Wolves
- River Rats back in town for four in five - Albany River Rats
- Falcons release Dickie and Littlejohn from PTO agreements - Springfield Falcons
- Scoville Reassigned to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins earn first invitation to 2004 Calder Cup Playoffs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Weekly - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins play four games this week - Providence Bruins
- Worcester's Evans named AHL Player of the Week - Worcester IceCats
- Falcons to honor 10th Anniversary team Friday with commenorative poster - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Back In First Place - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Sports Carnival Raises Close to $30,000 - Manitoba Moose
- Flurry of NHL trades makes for wild weekend around AHL - AHL
- Admirals up next as Bears kick off four-game homestand Saturday - Hershey Bears
- IceCats' Evans named Sher-Wood AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Bulldogs finish four-game road trip in Milwaukee Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros split two, maintain fourth-place positioning - Houston Aeros
- Leclaire Records Second Shutout - Syracuse Crunch
- Barons Weekly Report - Cleveland Barons
- Norfolk climbs to third place in East - Norfolk Admirals
- Lowell Lock Monsters Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Irish Micky Ward - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs four-game unbeaten streak snapped - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Game Day - Houston Aeros
- Griffins welcome special guests Mike Vernon and Carter Oosterhouse - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.