8.30.17 Tyler Wade Named Postseason All-Star
Moosic, Pa. - The International League announced its end-of-year awards today and the SWB RailRiders (Triple-A/ New York Yankees) had two names included. Infielder Tyler Wade was named to the postseason All-Star Team at shortstop and Al Pedrique was voted Manager of the Year for the second straight season.
Wade, 22, has put together a terrific rookie season with SWB. Through 81 games, his .305 batting average ranks fourth and his 26 stolen bases are third most on the circuit. He has scored a team-high, 67 runs and boasts a .378 on-base percentage, also top five in the IL. Wade made his Major League debut on June 27 and has appeared in 21 games with the New York Yankees.
Pedrique becomes the first IL skipper to win back-to-back Manager of the Year awards since Rick Sweet took home the award with Louisville in 2008 and 2009. He is the first manager in SWB franchise history, and only the fourth in IL history, to earn the honor in consecutive seasons. The RailRiders have enjoyed seven postgame celebrations under watch, including a playoff berth and the IL North Division Championship this year. Finishing up his second year in Moosic, Pedrique has guided SWB to two North Division titles and the franchise's second Governors' Cup and first Triple-A National Championship in 2016. His overall record with SWB entering today is 176-102.
Under Pedrique's tutelage the RailRiders have graduated 12 players to the Majors in 2017. The list of talented players to earn the call to New York during his time in Moosic include Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Jordan Montgomery, Chad Green, Luis Cessa, Clint Frazier, Tyler Wade and many more.
The 2017 IL North Division Champion RailRiders go for a series win against the Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins) on Wednesday, August 30 at 7:05 p.m. Right-hander Domingo German (6-2, 2.78) gets the nod. Every Wednesday home game at PNC Field is Wine and Dine Wednesday! For tickets or more information, please call 570-969-BALL (2255) or visit swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 30, 2017
- 8.30.17 Tyler Austin Homers in RailRiders' Victory - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Travis Lifts PawSox to Thrilling 7-5 Win in 12 Innings - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs Fall to IronPigs, 7-4, Wednesday - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rhys Hoskins Sweeps IL Postseasons Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 8.30.17 Tyler Wade Named Postseason All-Star - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Ozzie Albies Name International League Postseason All-Star - Gwinnett Stripers
- Pedro Alvarez Named to International League All-Star Tea - Norfolk Tides
- Garver, Granite Named International League Postseason All-Stars - Rochester Red Wings
- 8.30.17 Brault Named IL's Most Valuable Pitcher for 20 - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Postseason All-Stars, Award Winners Announced - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.