67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell
(Ottawa ON.): The Ottawa 67's today announced that forward Brendan Bell has been acquired from the Barrie Colts in exchange for a 3rd round pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection Draft. Bell, a 6' 1" left winger, is expected to see his first action for Ottawa when they play in Plymouth this Friday night.
"Brendan is a strong two-way player who'll have an opportunity to play on a higher line here in Ottawa," said 67's Head Coach and General Manager Chris Byrne. "We've had our eye on him for quite a while and we're happy to be able to reach an agreement with the Colts to bring him to our team."
The 67's are currently without left-wingers Brett Gustavson and Daniel Walsh due to injury. Centres Tyler Graovac (upper body injury) and Sean Monahan (suspension) are also out of the lineup. Bell, who had 4 goals and 9 points in 26 games with the Colts this year, will be on the ice for his first practice with the 67's later today.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Generals Back on Top - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Fall 3-1 to Knights - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm's Scott Kosmachuk Named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Movember Shave off Party Saturday - Windsor Spitfires
- Petes Defenceman to represent Slovakia - Peterborough Petes
- Bulls Hold Teddy Bear Toss/Toy Drive on Saturday - Belleville Bulls
- Teddy Bear Toss / Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell - Ottawa 67's
- Hounds Host Teddy Bear Toss, Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- Sparks Toy Drive & Teddy Bear Toss Set for this Week - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.