2010 NBA D-League All-Star Game Replacements Announced
February 10, 2010 - NBA Development League (D-League) News Release
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2010 - Dakota's Romel Beck, Bakersfield's Brian Butch, Los Angeles' Joe Crawford, Reno's Desmon Farmer, Austin's Curtis Jerrells, and Los Angeles' Diamon Simpson were today selected to replace Maine's Alexis Ajinca (injured), Idaho's Anthony Tolliver (GATORADE Call-Up to the Golden State Warriors), Utah's Dontell Jefferson (injured), Rio Grande Valley's Antonio Anderson (injured), Idaho's Sundiata Gaines (GATORADE Call-Up to the Utah Jazz), and Rio Grande Valley's Joey Dorsey (recalled to the Houston Rockets) in the 2010 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
Beck, who will also participate in the 2010 NBA D-League Dream Factory Friday Night presented by Haier in the NBA D-League Haier Shooting Stars competition, is averaging a Wizards-best 19.7 points (10th in the NBA D-League) while Crawford leads the D-Fenders with 18.9 points per game (12th in the NBA D-League.) Farmer, another NBA D-League Haier Shooting Stars participant, leads the Bighorns with 24.1 points (4th in the NBA D-League). Jerrells joins Austin teammates Alonzo Gee and Dwayne Jones in Dallas, and is averaging 20.5 points (8th in the NBA D-League) for the Toros. Simpson, also participating in the NBA D-League Haier Shooting Stars competition, is averaging 16.0 points to go with 9.6 rebounds (5th in the NBA D-League) for Los Angeles.
Beck will play for the East team, while Butch, Crawford, Farmer, Jerrells and Simpson will play for the West team.
The fourth annual NBA D-League All-Star Game will take place on Saturday, Feb. 13 on Center Court at NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas and will be televised live on NBA TV at 3 p.m. ET.
NBA D-League All-Stars must be on an active NBA D-League roster in order to participate in the game.
2010 NBA D-League All-Star Game Replacements
The complete 2010 NBA D-League All-Star teams are listed below.
EAST ALL-STAR ROSTER
Pos. Player (Team) Ht. Wt. Birthdate College
G Morris Almond (Springfield) 6-5 210 2/2/1985 Rice
G Ron Howard (Fort Wayne) 6-5 200 11/14/1982 Valparaiso
G Curtis Stinson (Iowa) 6-3 215 2/15/1983 Iowa State
G Reggie Williams (Sioux Falls) 6-6 210 9/14/1986 VMI
F Alade Aminu (Erie) 6-10 235 9/14/1987 Georgia Tech.
F Romel Beck (Dakota) 6-8 195 5/29/1982 UNLV
F Trey Gilder (Maine) 6-9 185 1/24/1985 Northwestern State
F Rob Kurz (Fort Wayne) 6-9 230 3/5/1985 Notre Dame
F Cartier Martin (Iowa) 6-7 220 11/20/1984 Kansas State
C Earl Barron (Iowa) 6-11 230 8/14/1981 Memphis
Head Coach: Nick Nurse (Iowa)
Assistant Coach: Nate Bjorkgren (Iowa)
Athletic Trainer: Tim Moran (Iowa)
WEST ALL-STAR ROSTER
Pos. Player (Team) Ht. Wt. Birthdate College
G Mustafa Shakur (Tulsa) 6-3 190 8/18/1984 Arizona
G Joe Crawford (Los Angeles) 6-5 210 6/17/1986 Kentucky
G Desmon Farmer (Reno) 6-5 210 10/7/1981 USC
G Curtis Jerrells (Austin) 6-1 195 2/5/1987 Baylor
F Alonzo Gee (Austin) 6-6 220 5/29/1987 Alabama
F Mike Harris (Rio Grande Valley) 6-6 235 6/15/1983 Rice
F Carlos Powell (Albuquerque) 6-7 225 8/29/1983 South Carolina
F Diamon Simpson (Los Angeles) 6-7 230 9/8/1987 St. Mary's (CA)
C Brian Butch (Bakersfield) 6-11 240 12/22/1984 Wisconsin
C Dwayne Jones (Austin) 6-11 250 6/9/1983 Saint Joseph's
Head Coach: Chris Finch (Rio Grande Valley)
Assistant Coach: Paul Mokeski (Rio Grande Valley)
Athletic Trainer: Joe Resendez (Rio Grande Valley)
NBA Development League Stories from February 10, 2010
- Wizards Down Jam To Cap Perfect Homestand - Dakota Wizards
- Skyforce Heads Into All-Star Break With Victory Over Thunderbirds - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Toppert's Hot Hand Not Enough As T-Birds Fall To Skyforce 100-90 - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- 66ers Overwhelm D-Fenders In 102-90 Road Victory - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Tripped Up By Austin Toros 98-86 - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Drop To 66ers In Second Chance Battle - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- T-Birds To Hold NBA Development League All-Star Game Watch Party At Spectators - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Anderson And Dorsey To Miss All-Star Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Brian Butch Added To NBA D-League All-Star Team - Bakersfield Jam
- Dakota's Romel Beck Named To D-League All-Star Team - Dakota Wizards
- Madame Ants Dance Clinic February 27th - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- 2010 NBA D-League All-Star Game Replacements Announced - D-League
- Tonight's Vipers Game In Springfield Postponed - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Springfield Armor Game Cancelled - Springfield Armor
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers At Springfield Armor Game Postponed - D-League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Frisco Head Coach Nancy Lieberman To Appear In NBA All-Star Celebrity Game - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.