Chris Rolfe Announces Retirement
Chris Rolfe announces retirement WASHINGTON - D.C. United forward Chris Rolfe announced his retirement from professional soccer Thursday, ending a 13-year playing career. A native of Kettering, Ohio, Rolfe has been a fixture in Major League Soccer for over a decade and played the majority of his career with the Chicago Fire before finishing his career with United. He also spent three seasons with Danish Superliga side, Aalborg Boldspilklub, and he earned 10 caps for the U.S. Men's National...
Paid Partner Content
- LA Galaxy put coach Sigi Schmid in charge of personnel moves
- Toronto FC sets MLS record, Atlanta breaks attendance marks
- MLS has full slate of games at the same time on Decision Day
- D.C. United fall to Gonzalo Veron, Red Bulls in final MLS game at RFK Stadium
- RFK Stadium and its sports teams: A history in photos | The Washington Post