OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 71.225.40.102
Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to GoSportsCards
Default What do you think about the Iron Pigs?

I personally like the name and the logo is pretty cool looking. I also like that it is in Allentown which is closer to me then Scranton. I'm looking forward to making it to a few games in 2008.

I heard a rumor that they may actually be the AA team and they may move the AAA team to Reading. I don't know if there is any backing to that but it's definitely something to think about.
  #2   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM

Cool No truth to the rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSportsCards View Post
I personally like the name and the logo is pretty cool looking. I also like that it is in Allentown which is closer to me then Scranton. I'm looking forward to making it to a few games in 2008.

I heard a rumor that they may actually be the AA team and they may move the AAA team to Reading. I don't know if there is any backing to that but it's definitely something to think about.
The AA team will remain in Reading and the AAA in Allentown.
  #3   IP: 24.115.203.49
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 AM

If you don't judge them by their record, the 2008 Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (1 word, not 2) had a great inaugural season. J.A. Happ was one of the dominant pitchers in the International League and also played a key role in the Phillies' push for the pennant. Although he was only 1-0 with the Phillies, the Phils won every game he started, including one against Johan Santana and the NY Mets. And at the end of the AAA season Ironpigs fans got a glimpse of Phillies future ace, 21 year old Carlos Carrasco. The Ironpigs drew over 600,000 fans in the 2008 season and were rewarded by landing the AAA allstar game in 2010. 2009 should be another great year. Can't wait for opening day on April 9.