Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
July 23, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#1   IP: 24.107.49.212
Old 08-26-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Big State League??

When searching for info on the summer collegiate Big States League, I ran across the "Big State League" web site [www.bigstateleague.com]. This appears to be a proposed revival of a former minor league by that name. The site reports that the teams will be in rural and resort markets throughout Texas with 6 teams starting in 2007 and expanding to 12 teams by 2010. I was not sure if this was another semi-pro/summer collegiate league or another attempt at an independent pro league.
  #2   IP: 68.201.75.166
Old 08-26-2006, 01:06 PM

Default 1st I Heard About Big State League

I went to their website and it looks well organized, but I was suspicious because no where on the website does it mention any names for league officials. Usually when a new league is forming one of the 1st things they post is league president, vice president etc.
I saw where they are forming a new Continental baseball league,
http://www.cblproball.com/about.html . This league seems to be running an active website and mentions their leadership; to include former major leaguer Jay Johnstone. I see where they are also going to be based in Texas. I bookmarked the Big State League website and will check back from time-to -time.