OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 199.233.14.145
Old 07-23-2015, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Fran Send a message via Yahoo to Fran
Default The Lingerie Football Trap

Good article about the Legends Football League and yes OurSports Central will most likely never cover this league even if they got paid.

http://grantland.com/features/legend...chell-mortaza/

For top female football players, there’s no game in town besides the no-pay Legends Football League and its revealing dress code
  #2   IP: 98.114.178.73
Old 07-24-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Good article about the Legends Football League and yes OurSports Central will most likely never cover this league even if they got paid.

http://grantland.com/features/legend...chell-mortaza/

For top female football players, there’s no game in town besides the no-pay Legends Football League and its revealing dress code
Talk about not getting paid to play... Phew!
  #3   IP: 68.80.138.113
Old 07-24-2015, 12:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Fran Send a message via Yahoo to Fran

Atleast they were told that upfront.
  #4   IP: 152.132.10.71
Old 07-24-2015, 02:10 PM

But it's still BS.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107
  #5   IP: 184.101.17.204
Old 07-26-2015, 11:56 AM

"The LFL...Fewer Letters and Fewer Lies than the FXFL!"
  #6   IP: 70.169.104.250
Old 07-26-2015, 07:50 PM

I know a couple of young ladies from our area (twins actually) who played semi-pro women's football. I asked one of them about the LFL and I can't type her response here. Both of them were picked up the US National Team (there is such a thing), which won the World Championships (Yes, there is such a thing and the US walloped everybody they played).
There are a couple of women's leagues besides the LFL. The teams in those leagues are mostly either clubs or player owned. If there is anything left of the gate after expenses, it's split up.
Both were legitimate athletes, one a D-I basketball player and the other a track athlete at an NAIA school. One just gave up football for rugby (She made the US National 7s).
  #7   IP: 24.246.178.181
Old 10-25-2015, 01:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

I watched a game or two of this league.

There are real athletes in here. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

This is really if the XFL survived and had a women's division. The broadcasts were mostly about making sure you heard the trash-talk.

The same game with women with not as much revealing uniforms, and it would be good competition. The game rules make a lot of sense because 50-yard football and 7-a-side makes more sense as obviously there aren't enough women out there willing to play gridiron.

But it wouldn't be popular. Looked at the Facebook page and the comments of "fans" (really horny guys who don't get that employers and potential employers read their misogynist comments) would say some of the most vile immature talk about women you'll see out there.

That's mostly the audience of the LFL.

The most disturbing thing I saw on their Facebook page was people posting pictures of young daughters (I mean around eight years old) in football gear saying "Future LFL'er." You mean you aspire for her to wear skimpy clothes for the amusement of horny young men? Really?!

Too bad there isn't a competitive, straight-forward league with similar rules, except a more rational dress code. There are more lady athletes out there, especially in MMA and CrossFit, who I think would support such a league.

Last edited by SignGuyDino; 10-25-2015 at 01:57 AM.
  #8   IP: 70.162.55.80
Old 10-30-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuyDino View Post

The same game with women with not as much revealing uniforms, and it would be good competition.
That no one would go to.

Quote:
Too bad there isn't a competitive, straight-forward league with similar rules, except a more rational dress code. There are more lady athletes out there, especially in MMA and CrossFit, who I think would support such a league.
Like they do with the WNBA. Which can totally stand on its own without NBA help, you guys. Or women's pro soccer, which doesn't need the USSF or MLS paying its bills.

Okay, sorry, I could not say that with a straight face.