Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
July 23, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#1   IP: 99.71.202.6
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Default IFL vs LSFL

I am new to indoor football, so help me with a few questions I have. I live about the same distance from both Mesquite (LSFL) and Allen (IFL), my question is what league has better talent? Which is the better value for the dollar? Also love to see different venues, what can you tell me abou both locations? Thanks!!
  #2   IP: 199.227.205.30
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Well IMO both leagues have lots of talent, the IFL has more proven NFL caliber talent due to the fact its been around longer than the LSFL since this is the LSFL's first year. Going to Wrangler games you will see about the same amount of different teams as you would in going to the Mesquite games.

Mesquite will be in its first year but also from everything I have seen its building a solid fan base. how Restol Arena will stack up as a football arena couldn't tell you at this point since this is a brand new market. Allen has a top of the line facility since it is in Allen after all,lol, heck the high school has 56 million dollar stadium lol. Their base is a bit weak at this point but they should be building some buzz with all that's transpired with the TO situation. They were a contender last year just depends on how they will come together this season. so really its a toss up at this point. I say try going to a home game at both and see which one you liked more.
  #3   IP: 99.71.202.6
Old 01-04-2012, 03:06 PM

I had wondered if the LSFL would be of lesser talent based upon teams in one state. If this was to keep payroll and other costs down, if this would reflect on the playing field.
  #4   IP: 24.111.51.244
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Well, the difference will be not as much in talent as it will be in coaching and game day production. Overall I feel the talent of the players is pretty even across the board, but there will be a difference in what you see.
  #5   IP: 99.6.141.197
Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 AM

Trust me gilrenard the fact they are all in one state has nothing to do with the talent level. For one its the state of Texas lol our state has plenty of talent no matter where you go. Not to mention four of the teams, 5 if you include San Angelo were all in the IFL previously at some point and decided to cut down costs by playing a more state oriented league. And given the size of Texas some of the road trips will be the same as say allen traveling to colorado or what not.

As for what Bouncer said he is right in that regard. There might not be as much "pregame production" with some teams as you will see in the IFL and some you will see all the bells and whistles. And the LSFL is playing Arena and strictly arena rules, while the IFL plays more indoor, outdoor rules.
  #6   IP: 184.79.51.105
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilrenard View Post
I am new to indoor football, so help me with a few questions I have. I live about the same distance from both Mesquite (LSFL) and Allen (IFL), my question is what league has better talent? Which is the better value for the dollar? Also love to see different venues, what can you tell me abou both locations? Thanks!!
To answer your first question of talent...goes to the IFL. Second question concerning value...hard to answer (nothing to go by since Mesquite has no true history). Third question concerning venue...honestly haven't seen either in person myself but based on the venues in the dallas area metroplex...I would say there won't be much difference between the two.

Arena/Indoor football has distinct tiers when it comes to talent on the field. This is because of the pay of each league. The AFL has the most overall talent followed by the IFL. The LSFL will be behind both these leagues in the first couple seasons. Just a football fact. The more the money the better the players. NFL...CFL...UFL...AFL...IFL...etc, etc, etc.
  #7   IP: 12.168.83.126
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

The IFL has more stability, so it will have more talent in that regard. The best IFL teams will beat the best teams in any other indoor league. The games, however, will be different - the IFL game will be a little slower, more like outdoor football, given the rules ease up for running a bit. The LSFL will have higher scores.

Personally, I like the IFL game better (would prefer they bring back the third motion man as in the NIFL, but that's a minor gripe). You'll have fun at both if ownership does it right.
  #8   IP: 199.227.205.30
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Mike I beg to differ that the LSFL will be behind the IFL for a couple of seasons. The base salary in the LSFL ends up being the same as in the IFL maybe a little bit more depending on who you are. So I think the the curve will be more like 1 season as opposed to a couple of seasons as they continue to grow and change with their fan bases.
  #9   IP: 207.160.26.225
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM

I agree with exit332 I have been on the field in several different leagues the last few season and watched numerous games as a fan. All leagues have some talented players and good coaches. In 2010 and 2011 the best talent I saw was in the IFL without question. It also seems to be where the scouts are for moving up to a higher league. 47
  #10   IP: 184.79.51.105
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyman View Post
Mike I beg to differ that the LSFL will be behind the IFL for a couple of seasons. The base salary in the LSFL ends up being the same as in the IFL maybe a little bit more depending on who you are. So I think the the curve will be more like 1 season as opposed to a couple of seasons as they continue to grow and change with their fan bases.
I could be wrong but from what I hear the base salaries ARE different. The LSFL will be a good league. Don't take my comments in bad context but even if the money is the same it will take at least two years to gain respect in the professional football community. Players, sponsors and even potential owners will be hesitant until the reputation is proven. That will start hapenning after the two year mark. I am only giving a reasonable and unbiased opinion. A proponent of the league will expect a one year miracle but in my humble opinion the honest thinking should be two to three years.

If the money for players is not the same, as I have been told, then the talent level will almost surely take at least two years to level itself. If you consider the CIFL as an example I think its a proven fact.