Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
October 21, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#1   IP: 65.190.29.72
Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Default UFL to kickoff in 2009.

UFLAccess has the exclusive:

http://uflaccess.com/ufl/uflaccess-e...-play-in-2009/
  #2   IP: 69.255.118.143
Old 02-23-2008, 05:05 PM

It SUCKS. But they just were not ready.

Also check out my website http://battinforthenats.mlblogs.com/natking/

and our New message boards

http://www.freepowerboards.com/Nat-K...843a8e78acb65b

Register and Post
  #3   IP: 74.215.78.105
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jamie

I predict we'll never see the UFL play a down... yet another phantom league...
  #4   IP: 65.190.29.72
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 PM

The ownership groups and TV deal that they will announce in a few weeks - according to Huyghue - should change your mind.
  #5   IP: 66.32.21.85
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

I hope you're wrong, Jamie. My concern is with Cuban involved they will overpay players instead of running a good solid league for non-NFL cities.

A fan-based movement urging Michael Jordan and the Charlotte Hornets to put their D-League team in Asheville.
  #6   IP: 163.120.73.154
Old 02-23-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation86 View Post
The ownership groups and TV deal that they will announce in a few weeks - according to Huyghue - should change your mind.
Weren't we supposed to know these ownership groups a couple of weeks ago?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #7   IP: 65.190.29.72
Old 02-23-2008, 07:03 PM

That obviously changed as the UFL decided to kick off in 2009 instead. UFLAccess should have more details this week as I have arranged for another interview with Commissioner Huyghue.
  #8   IP: 130.13.9.171
Old 02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
The ones that were locked down a month ago? And were supposed to be announced the "first week of February?"

And...oh, by the way...you said...twice that you were never posting here again.

I've said from the get-go that these things are hard to accomplish, harder than most fans think. Much harder than most college kids think.

But I had an inkling this was going to happen...no announcement, no announcement, no announcement...then an announcement of a pushback for a year...then, eventually, there will either be no more announcements and the UFL will slide quietly into that nether region of vaporware leagues, or there will be a very quiet announcement that because of the economy or some other such thing, that it just wasn't feasible at this time.
  #9   IP: 216.110.207.90
Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
UFL to begin play in 2009
Well, this is bummer news. And yes, while there are examples of other leagues that never played a down, the AAFL was also originally going to play last year so a delay is not necessarily a death knell.
  #10   IP: 66.26.84.236
Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Sounds like the United Football League is going to happen in 2009. Prospective UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue told agents the other day it will be an eight-team league (he said six owners, including Mark Cuban, are already in place), beginning in August 2009. The details were sketchy from there, but some agents reported that the minimum salary would be $75,000, the league would go after existing NFL personnel people and assistant coaches to be the league's GMs and head coaches, and the league would try to sign some of the 30th through 43rd players on NFL rosters for slightly more money than they'd make in the big league.

... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...combine/2.html

From Peter King of SI - validating much of what we have reported from a mainstream media outlet as well - for the doubters.