OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 73.152.106.200
Old 09-16-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
It's not my business.

Allowing misinformation, conspiracy theories and stupid takes to populate a site - good business model.
It is working for Facebook right now.
  #12   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 AM

Robster2001, is on point

Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
It's not my business.

Allowing misinformation, conspiracy theories and stupid takes to populate a site - good business model.

Sam's statement takes on what most message boards consist of differing points of view some theory and even misinformation, while agreement on subject matter will differ and probably not even gain support that is all well and good. After all its the message board where most of that is taking place.

Now if you want to question the direction the site is going or has taken, feel free but what exactly has the new ownership said or not said they intend to develop the site into? appears they are settled with selling ad space based around the content, not number of views or membership.

Or that they have any interest in pulling more minor league fans here to get news about their teams, now these are things we don't really know but based upon the silence that theory is not without merit, would this site scale if more minor league fans were to visit regularly for news on their teams no question about that.

But under the current format what Sam say's is a problem draws a few new faces daily if for no other reason than to read the message board it works, maybe not on a scale of growth many would question based around the life line of the site but it does allow some ad dollars revenue exchange.

In closing I'll leave this with you: Ronald Reagan's
Former White House Chief of Staff Michael Deaver
was asked a question about appearance of a president?
He responded by saying appearance is very important, (staging)
How you stage the message is more important.
(It's Game) after all it's game isn't it.

Last edited by suge night; 09-17-2017 at 11:08 AM.
  #13   IP: 68.231.10.103
Old 09-23-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster2001 View Post
It is working for Facebook right now.
And it needs to be stopped.

Just like 4th and his ilk.
  #14   IP: 50.71.244.16
Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 PM

The message board thing may have passed the world by.

I had not been here for 6 years! I just logged in because nlfan.com / aabfan.com had their board shut down by tapatalk for inactivity and wanted to see if somebody here knew what happened. I know traffic there was way down.

I don't blame moderators. Sites I used to check daily (or in season) no longer exist, or never get posts.