OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 72.78.81.203
Old 05-18-2017, 08:12 PM
4th&long 4th&long is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,143
Arrow PacProFB hire Arena FL EVP

http://www.pacprofootball.com/storie...oodhines-hire/

Los Angeles (April 5, 2017) – Thomas Goodhines, former Arena Football League (AFL) Executive Vice President joins Pacific Pro Football (“Pacific Pro”) as Vice President of Football Administration, Pacific Pro CEO, Donald Yee announced today.

Goodhines just completed his 16th season in the Arena Football League, where he served as Executive Vice President and oversaw all Communications, Broadcasting and Game Operations efforts. He will be based out of Los Angeles, reporting to Yee.


http://www.arenafan.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=126160

4th
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 PM
suge night suge night is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 552
Default

4th, this is bad hire simply look at where the arena league is today and he's been around 16 years doing just what again? I know he has a title but what of the results from that over 16 years.

I would go on but the evidence is pretty clear
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 72.78.81.203
Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 PM
4th&long 4th&long is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,143
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge night View Post
4th, this is bad hire simply look at where the arena league is today and he's been around 16 years doing just what again? I know he has a title but what of the results from that over 16 years.

I would go on but the evidence is pretty clear
Regardless it shows the PPFB is serious.

He has decades of experience - he wasn't the guy calling the shots on strategy - may not be the best may be pretty good.

Regardless he left AFL for PPFB after a long long period at AFL. That tells me PPFB is for real.

4th
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 68.231.10.103
Old 05-19-2017, 01:17 AM
Sam Hill's Avatar
Sam Hill Sam Hill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th&long View Post

Regardless he left AFL for PPFB after a long long period at AFL. That tells me PPFB is for real.
Like Mike Keller, right?

Man, you're out there.

You just insist that whatever new thing comes along is the thing, and that any whiff of coverage in some publication somewhere is proof or some hire is proof or some strange idea that there are all these platforms out there willing to pay enough money to prop up whatever half-baked football league idea comes along next.

How come every single one of these things ends up in the trash bin? Every one. Why are none of them "for real?"

People aren't going to watch this. Let me see them hire people from the NFL, and not a league on life support. Then we'll talk.
__________________
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 05-19-2017, 11:06 AM
suge night suge night is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 552
Default

4th&long-Regardless it shows the PPFB is serious.

Now what could be wrong with your statement example take the arena NAL the commissioner has all kinds of football this football that behind his name right and look at what happen the league is stumbling through its first season.

They have had to take over and operate three teams, just offering up an example of what exactly you can get from,what you stated as being shown how serious the league is on conducting a business of football.

In short the signing shows nothing, except another top heavy executive the same thing happened in the UFL lots of names little results.

This is no different than building a new model in other industries that no one thought could be destroyed and rebuilt, the minor league level of football again can be built I know Sam says it can't possibly be done, the same thing used to be said of cab service hotel and many other industries. Some of which don't exist any more replaced by something the Sam's of the world said there is no way Amazon who saw that coming Walmart executives were laughing at the mention of online shopping today they are trying to catch up, so I won't say it can't but the simple signing of a useless executive does nothing to show that the concept has any real merit, they are looking for legitimacy instead of simply building that over time.

Last edited by suge night; 05-19-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 72.78.81.203
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
4th&long 4th&long is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge night View Post
4th&long-Regardless it shows the PPFB is serious.

Now what could be wrong with your statement example take the arena NAL the commissioner has all kinds of football this football that behind his name right and look at what happen the league is stumbling through its first season.

They have had to take over and operate three teams, just offering up an example of what exactly you can get from,what you stated as being shown how serious the league is on conducting a business of football.

In short the signing shows nothing, except another top heavy executive the same thing happened in the UFL lots of names little results.

This is no different than building a new model in other industries that no one thought could be destroyed and rebuilt, the minor league level of football again can be built I know Sam says it can't possibly be done, the same thing used to be said of cab service hotel and many other industries. Some of which don't exist any more replaced by something the Sam's of the world said there is no way Amazon who saw that coming Walmart executives were laughing at the mention of online shopping today they are trying to catch up, so I won't say it can't but the simple signing of a useless executive does nothing to show that the concept has any real merit, they are looking for legitimacy instead of simply building that over time.
I think you are digging too deep, the results are not in. My point is they are paying salaries for EVP - that takes money and commitment. And Goodhines felt confident enough in it to leave the AFL after almost 2 decades to go there.


The results will speak for themselves in 2018, one way or another.

4th

Last edited by 4th&long; 05-19-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Hapening ImgHappening Now