OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 166.137.244.19
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM

Lightbulb Ray Rice should play SL

If ray rice wants to get in or prove his football ability he beat can do that by demonstrating that in a game

This is what the SL is about, yes its an ego hit and risk of injury. But what does he have to lose?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...playing-again/

4th
  #2   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 03-20-2017, 11:05 AM

It's much too late, he should have used the CFL two years ago, attempting to use him now as a ticket sale takes away from the program, face it there are already enough useless over hyped running backs in the nfl.
  #3   IP: 192.174.37.50
Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM

In one sense I agree that Ray Rice should play in the Spring League as a way to show that he's a viable option for some team down the road . . . as long as he truly understands that this might be his only outlet to play football!

I think no matter what he does as far as playing goes, he'll never get another shot at the NFL - that ship has sailed!
  #4   IP: 166.137.244.19
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBy2014 View Post
In one sense I agree that Ray Rice should play in the Spring League as a way to show that he's a viable option for some team down the road . . . as long as he truly understands that this might be his only outlet to play football!

I think no matter what he does as far as playing goes, he'll never get another shot at the NFL - that ship has sailed!
I tend to agree - he is a long shot at best. But sitting there doing nothing will never get him back to the nfl

4th
  #5   IP: 70.162.126.248
Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th&long View Post
I tend to agree - he is a long shot at best. But sitting there doing nothing will never get him back to the nfl
Ray Rice is 30 and has 1,430 career carries.

He's never getting back to the NFL whether he sits at home doing nothing or not. There's not a running backs shortage.

You really over-estimate the rejuvenating powers of a dipsh!t Brian Woods league. Is it because Josh Freeman got to play one game with the Colts? Is that it?

How, exactly, would playing well against other stiffs in a set of glorified scrimmages in West Virginia outweigh all the other stuff about Ray Rice? When there are going to be a bunch of new, younger, cheaper, lower-mileage running backs joining the NFL player pool next month?

Why? Why do you do this?
  #6   IP: 70.162.126.248
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge night View Post
attempting to use him now as a ticket sale takes away from the program
The closest cities of any consequence to White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia are Roanoke, Virginia and Charleston, West Virginia.

Tell me who is going to buy tickets to watch retreads and no-accounts play in this league. Who's going to drive two or more hours to see this dreck?
  #7   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 03-21-2017, 11:21 AM

Not many if one at all, Sam you are correct the price is not right cost related per ticket nor the product being presented as a value. Kublai Khan invented paper money and gave it value he gave it currency credibility, that won't happen here Woods is no visionary.