OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 24.220.177.145
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Chris Dixon is leaving Sioux Falls for AFL

Chris Dixon has signed with the AFL's Orlando Predators. Wonder who the next Storm QB will be now?
  #2   IP: 24.111.55.30
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 PM

There are plenty of QB's around. Bryant is still in excellent shape. Scott Jensen if he wants a bit of a challenge and leave Sioux City. Josh Hanson, who just completed his senior season at Augustana, has a excellent indoor skillset.
  #3   IP: 24.220.177.145
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Bryant isnt capable anymore, hes too old. I played against him in a flag football league this year and he had ZERO mobility. I know its not the same but he didn't look sharp, even for a flag football league and he did have some former storm guys to throw to. We beat them.
  #4   IP: 24.220.177.145
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 PM

What is Houston Lillard doing this season? Or will the team re-sign Lorenzo Brown after what happened last year?
  #5   IP: 107.2.234.76
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 AM

Lillard rumored to be coming to Colorado, Maybe this will change his mind.
  #6   IP: 209.62.231.174
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM

I've heard two names, Jensen from Sioux City and McNear from Omaha. Im guessing Lorenzo Brown is done with football, to bad because he would have been the next best this league has seen!
  #7   IP: 67.176.45.98
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM

I could see a few different names heading to Sioux Falls.

Scott Jensen- Knows the indoor game, don't see Sioux Falls really counting on him though because the IFL is a whole different monster than what Jensen has become accustomed to. May be a solid option to bring to camp because I wouldnt assume it would take much to get him and if he pans out, he has a lot of local support.

James McNear- A very good vet player that could easily keep Sioux Falls as one of the favorites. Not a Dixon level player, but also smart enough and good enough to use his strengths and let the talent around him do the rest.

Houston Lillard- Would make a lot of sense for Sioux Falls. If they can't have the best QB in the league, why not go get the next best from the last few years. Only issue to me here is if Lillard wants to go to Sioux Falls or not.

Rocky Hinds- This is my dark horse as I think this would be a much better fit than most of the others. Hinds needs somewhere to play and Sioux Falls needs a QB that can throw the ball around and is athletic enough to make plays when necessary. May end up being a perfect fit for both sides.

I also would throw in the names of a few QB's that were on rosters last year, but either don't seem welcome in their past homes, or are choosing not to go back. Jeremy Sanders, Donovan Porterie, and Charles McCullum are all the athletic types that could thrive in Sioux Falls' system with all the talent that is already there.
  #8   IP: 66.231.15.254
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Brown would have been the shoe in replacement before his run-in with stupidity. I could see the Storm deviating from recent tradition (signing the best indoor QB available) and signing a local guy, strictly from a marketing standpoint alone.
  #9   IP: 70.113.119.95
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C187 View Post
Chris Dixon has signed with the AFL's Orlando Predators. Wonder who the next Storm QB will be now?

It's not the first time he's tested the waters in the league of nets. Some were sure he would play in the AFL last season and he settled back into SF. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.
  #10   IP: 66.169.72.80
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Jensen just re-signed with the Bandits