Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
October 25, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#1   IP: 69.210.35.64
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Default Drive win PBL Championship

After beating the Razorsharks 98-91 on Thursday, tonight the Central Illinois Drive won the PBL title by defeating the Razorsharks 101-80.

Congratulations to the players, Coach Guyton, James Morris, and most importantly the city of Bloomington on its first-ever pro sports championship!
  #2   IP: 24.125.218.183
Old 04-14-2012, 11:27 PM

Hmm... no shenanigans this year? What fun is that?

Too bad the PBL had to learn the hard way - you wonder how much stronger the league would be if it were still affiliated with the franchises it chased into the NBL.
  #3   IP: 173.165.9.166
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to not so fast

Well I think we can put to rest the notion that the PBL is designed for the razorsharks to win a championship.

As you can see, the Drive did everything a franchise is suppose to do, and they won.

I met the G.M. and A.J. Guyton once, and they are a class act.

I think the PBL looks like they picked up 3 good franchises with the Drive, Saulk Valley and the Muscle..

Now they just have to build on these.

If only they could add kankakee and Gary from the IBA, this would really be a super strong midwest division.
  #4   IP: 98.74.184.186
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to LightningMan Send a message via AIM to LightningMan Send a message via MSN to LightningMan Send a message via Yahoo to LightningMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by not so fast View Post
Well I think we can put to rest the notion that the PBL is designed for the Razorsharks to win a championship.
Without numbering myself in the ranks of those who do believe that the PBL is built for that very purpose, the Drive winning doesn't put anything to rest. The Cavalry won the championship in their first year in the league too.
  #5   IP: 76.193.16.144
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not so fast View Post
If only they could add kankakee and Gary from the IBA, this would really be a super strong midwest division.
Are you still wishing the PBL upon Gary?!? Actually, the PBL had a Gary team. They were called the Northwest Indiana Stars. You know how that venture ended up.

Keep up with the inventory of available housing. When that number decreases significantly, then maybe people around here will be able to support minor league sports. Otherwise, we're still too broke to buy groceries and buy tickets at the same time.

...unless they're lottery tickets.