Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
April 20, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#21   IP: 198.140.189.10
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Cool What a Shock...not!

The Nashville Soul's website at www.soulhoops.com has been suspended.

Apparently, their $1 million marketing effort does not include webhosting. The new ownership group was very active on-line in early January, but since January 10 has grown eerily silent.

I went to Lipscomb University for the first of their three January exhibition games (vs. Indiana Legends), advertised on their website.

Nary a SOUL was there! (pun intended).

Being a gambling man, my money says this team will NOT play more than 10 games in 2012-13. Book it.
  #22   IP: 74.83.192.228
Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Default on again.. off again.. take 3.. and action

Good thing Facebook is out there for the Nashville Soul Investment Group, since their soulhoops.com page has been suspended. It seems that the Nashville Soul are up to at least 8 Facebook pages now that the "All New Nashville Soul" page is up. The latest page will add to the collection of other pages that include but are not limited to: Nashville Soul, The Nashville Soul, Nashville Soul ABA, The ABA Nashville Soul, The Nashville Soul Charities Page, The Nashville Soul Products Page and my favorite The Nashville Soul Sponsors Page (their sponsors include:Taco Bell, Visa, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Pepsi, General Mills, McDonalds, Orville Redenbacher's, Coca-Cola and others).

According to the "All New Nashville Soul" page, the 100th person to friend them will get FREE season tickets. That will probably be a value of about 2 home games. Better hurry, they are already up to 24 "likes" now. On the teams "All New" page they have a new address listed for the Soul. It is 600 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37210, and that is Scott Bolt and Screw Company. That is perfect, all ABA teams should have their office located in a "screw" company.
  #23   IP: 74.83.192.228
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Thumbs down upset sponsor

Looks like Paul Allsup of the Nashville Soul are not following through with promises to his one and only real sponsor. The following was taken from their facebook page:

Crucial Customs
I am amazed that Mr. Paul Allsup, owner of the Nashville Soul,made a point to promise so much to local Sponsors and has yet to fulfill a promise one. I find myself in no way wanting to support someone who does not back up what he says.
  #24   IP: 76.125.72.11
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Default wrong side of the bed

They posted that on their facebook page at 6:44AM! He woke up mad!!! I wonder how much money they contributed to the team
That guy over in Nashville is really burning bridges.
GO LIGHTNING!!!
  #25   IP: 71.228.250.13
Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Last year, we (Nashville Storm Football) allowed the then-version of the Soul to do a little promoting at our games, on the idea that we'd get to do the same at their games when their season rolled around. Problem was they only had 1 home game in Nashville before the wheels flew off.

This year, I've instructed our GM that if the latest version wants to promote at our games, they need to "come off some money".
  #26   IP: 76.125.72.11
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM

Default Time is MONEY!!!

@ Houston I absolutely agree! Booth rent would be an appropriate course of action.If they sell a ticket or any merch at your event,then that takes away from your concession sales and merchandise sales.If your fans are gonna pull their money out and give some to a fictional team,then that fictional team needs to pay you $200 a booth PER GAME! At least you recoup what the fans would have spent at your event. I say do it!

And make it mandatory booth fee for any outside entity to set up and possibly turn sales at all your home games.Technically,you are doing every business a favor when they come to your home games and promote because thats free publicity at a public sporting event.They should be sponsoring your team and buying P.A. announcements and billboards/banners to hang at your games if they wanna reach your patrons thru promoting.Thats how we roll over here.

I remember back when I was growing up in Tulsa,several minor league entities had massage parlors and nail tech reps from local salons come in and pay booth rent and the fans loved it,especially at the Tulsa Drillers baseball games.The fans paid whatever price the service was,and of course they got coupons and such to get them to come to their parlors and salons.Now that's what I call co-op networking! Keeping money in a circle!
Go Lightning!!!

Last edited by LR Lightning; 04-30-2012 at 12:54 AM.
  #27   IP: 74.83.192.228
Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 AM

Default somebody let Snoop know

This is a post taken straight from the "all new Nashville Soul" facebook page.

All New Nashville Soul
Thursday via mobile
Prayers are needed for our Owner Paul Allsup, he was admitted to Summit. He is in and out of mild coma. Prayers please

Maybe Mr. Dogg can hold a benefit concert to help the Soul out a little
  #28   IP: 74.195.203.202
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Somebody get to him?
  #29   IP: 198.140.189.229
Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 PM

Default Those lights? Yep, it's a train...

I have silently stood by and watched and listened...

It is becoming crystal clear that the current ownership of Nashville's most recent minor-league franchise is the least equipped (of many) to be able to make it work...

This includes...

Nashville Stars - World Basketball League (1991)
Music City Jammers - Global Basketball Association (1991-92)
Nashville Noise (women) - American Basketball League (199
Nashville Rhythm - ABA (2004-05)
Nashville Broncs - ABA (2008-09)
Music City Stars - ABA (2009-10)
Nashville Soul - ABA (2011)
"New" Nashville Soul - ABA (soon to R.I.P. - will not play one road game) *

* solely my opinion

Many people with good intentions put forth heroic efforts and lots of money in attempts to make it work (for example... L. Schmittou, S. Lumley, S. Anthony, T. Chase, and J. Rowe). The current ownership (aside from several facebook pages and possibly a twitter account...all "free") has done very little to make anyone aware of this team. It ain't gonna happen. "New" Ownership --- PROVE ME WRONG!!!
  #30   IP: 71.228.250.13
Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Spectator View Post
I have silently stood by and watched and listened...

It is becoming crystal clear that the current ownership of Nashville's most recent minor-league franchise is the least equipped (of many) to be able to make it work...

This includes...

Nashville Stars - World Basketball League (1991)
Music City Jammers - Global Basketball Association (1991-92)
Nashville Noise (women) - American Basketball League (199
Nashville Rhythm - ABA (2004-05)
Nashville Broncs - ABA (2008-09)
Music City Stars - ABA (2009-10)
Nashville Soul - ABA (2011)
"New" Nashville Soul - ABA (soon to R.I.P. - will not play one road game) *

* solely my opinion

Many people with good intentions put forth heroic efforts and lots of money in attempts to make it work (for example... L. Schmittou, S. Lumley, S. Anthony, T. Chase, and J. Rowe). The current ownership (aside from several facebook pages and possibly a twitter account...all "free") has done very little to make anyone aware of this team. It ain't gonna happen. "New" Ownership --- PROVE ME WRONG!!!

The ist year version of the Nashville Rhythm might have made it had it not been for their owner's really public meltdown------ they were operating at the time of the NHL lockout, which gave them some media attention that type of team doesn't usually get in Nashville, because with the Nashville Predators not playing, the media needed to fill the void talking about SOMETHING. They played at Lipscomb University's Allen Arena and averaged about 1000 fans a game.

Went to see the Broncs one time (ironically, their then-pa announcer is now the Nashville Storm GM---- and PA announcer). That game had no more than 200 fans in the seats, and about 40% had traveled down from Kentucky to root for the visiting team. They were playing at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium (because Lumley wanted to be able to sell alcohol at the games)------ the MUNY used to be Nashville's big concert venue before the newer arena on Broadway was built, but it has been marginalized because its' once-huge attached parking facility was sold by Metro to become the downtown Bus Station. This means you've got to park somewhere else and walk to the MUNY, which means you've got to walk several blocks outdoors in a part of downtown that some of the "disposable-income" crowd views as a dangerous place to be on foot at night. The events like the Shrine circus still work well there because folks know the "power structure" is involved (which means a police officer every 5 feet in the area), but as a venue for 15-20 home games a year, many potential fans were leery.