Minor League Sports News on OurSports Central
October 24, 2014
Minor League Games Today
Follow OSC on
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums
As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

#31   IP: 99.250.17.53
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 PM

P.S. Lightning has killed far more people than Jack the Ripper ever did.

Frontier League fan - London Rippers
  #32   IP: 98.228.248.75
Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1985 View Post
Not many baseball fans here care about the name one way or another. It seems to be non baseball fans and people who live nowhere near London that have taken issue with the Rippers.
Have you ever actually been to an indy baseball game? Do you think the majority of people in attendance are actually "baseball fans"? What you'll find is the vast majority don't care much about the team at all, and have only a minor interest in baseball in general. They are there for something to do with the kids, or as part of a group outing, or as a backdrop to socializing, or any number of other reasons unrelated to the game itself. That is the audience that will make or break the business, and your company has managed to alienate a good many of them (as well as a good part of city government) before the first pitch is thrown. There is a price to pay for all the cheap publicity.
  #33   IP: 99.249.18.49
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM

I've been to plenty of minor league, indy league and semi pro league games. I went to lots of London Tigers games when I was a kid, Went to lots of FL Werewolves games, plenty of CBL London Monarchs games, and went to most every IBL London Majors game for the past 3 seasons.

The Rippers name doesn't make me like the team any less or any more. As I said before, I simply don't care about the name of a baseball team.

Frontier League fan - London Rippers