PDA

View Full Version : SeaDawgs Game Webcasting

tbayz1
01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3584619

DazedAndAmused
01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't see links on their website yet, but hopefully they'll be up soon.

I plan to try to check it out.

MinorofaMan
01-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, I'm watching the Railers at Wilmington right now, its on the PBL website, though I think they call them the Jam. It is pretty bad, to be honest. It's one guy with a tripod talking into the camera. Personally, I enjoyed the ABA broadcast of Vermont FrostHeaves vs. Maywood. And the Announcer just called the Jacksonville Jam the Jax...this is terrible.

EDIT: Just called 7'3" Shagari Alleyne a forward...this is terrible, terrible, terrible. NEVER CLEAR YOUR THROAT WHILE SPEAKING! He's done it 3 times. Plus you need to have a couple cameras. This is sooo bad.

tbayz1
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah the annoucer sucks, the throat clearing and name confusion is annoying, hopefully he gets his act together soon lol

And I don't find the camera and everything that bad, not like the Heaves though who do have various cameras and a better annoucer(s) and appears to have an overall better broadcasting system, maybe because "PlayOn is a division of Turner Sports"

But hey I don't think its terrible, its okay

edit: The annoucer needs to realize that its the Reading RAILERS! not Raiders haha, another mistake, the annoucer said there was 12 teams in the PBL

The_Whale
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
I've got the game on now.

I was hoping the Nighthawks game would be on too, Randy Gill is back with the Nighthawks.

Sam Hill
01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Too many hoops to jump through to watch a free webcast. no, I'm not creating an account and no, I'm not giving you any credit card information, whether you are going to use it or not.

Why make it harder for people to watch your minor league basketball and your minor league announcers?

LightningMan
01-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Geez, guys. Wilmington doesn't even have a radio broadcast; what do you expect? Yes, it's just a guy with a tripod talking (I could see him from my seat). And apparently yes, you have to jump through hoops. But it's there.

Yes, it would be nice to have a two or three camera setup and a guy who knows how to call a game. Give them time, K?

MInnesotaFats
01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Come on fellas, this league is taking minor laegue basketball to another level.

This is:infun: PREMIER stuff, using one camera

DazedAndAmused
01-27-2008, 12:53 AM
I watched both casts, last night and tonight. The announcer last night was a pro, and even with one camera, it came off very well. Tonight there was a different announcer (not sure sure why), perhaps the camera guy as someone suggested. He did seem to know alot more about the players than the guy last night but wasn't polished. Despite all of that, it was an entertaining game, and it was not hard to follow the action. I hope they'll stream the rest of their games. Hopefully, they'll refine their set up to do it. But, all in all, this is a positive step for the league and was a stated goal of theirs. Now if I can only find that Ripknees game on line.....oh yeah, never mind.

Also, I didn't have to give a credit card. I just used the account I created last night without the credit card and got right in.

bdaly
01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
And I don't find the camera and everything that bad, not like the Heaves though who do have various cameras and a better annoucer(s) and appears to have an overall better broadcasting system, maybe because "PlayOn is a division of Turner Sports"

Yeah, I've paid to watch a D1 college hockey broadcast with a single camera. It's really pretty typical. It doesn't really have anything to do with the company, it's just what a team wants to invest. B2 (another company) has a range of broadcasts in terms of quality. You have to walk before you can run, and I think a free broadcast with a single camera is fine. Frankly, if you make it too good, I'd start charging (unless you're turning people away at the gates), because you really don't want it to become too good of an alternative for local fans.

MInnesotaFats
01-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Hated the Ripknees too, team was cheap, that why they are DONE! But let be real, this still looks RED, White and Blue.:cool:

LightningMan
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
But let's be real, this still looks Red, White and Blue.
No, Fats. Saying there'd be a webcast up and not putting one up is ABAish.