PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 PBL Results

bdaly
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
The Razorsharks beat the Riverhawks 107-94 in front of 2,798 at the Blue Cross Arena. It was definitely a game of runs, as Quad Cities opened up a 7-0 lead and extended it. Then Rochester took a lead, and Quad Cities surged back and led by nine at the half. Rochester dominated the third quarter and went up by as much as 24, but Quad Cities came within five (or maybe three) late in the fourth. It was Laz Sims night, and his jersey was retired in front of what was easily the largest gate crowd (the paid number seemed very accurate) of the season.

Quad Cities looks like a quick team that runs well with an intense coach and players. Edwards certainly seems like a force for them. They shot better from outside early and they were better from the line, but Friel got hot in the third. Definitely an entertaining game for the crowd and the live TV audience.

D&C News Update and Photo Gallery:

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/SPORTS/80124045

DazedAndAmused
01-24-2008, 09:53 PM
bdaly, thanks for the update. i haven't assessed the schedule in detail, but i don't think a team in the East has lost to a team in the West yet. it's early and i'm sure there is alot of parity at this level, but are rochester and wilmington the 2 best teams in the league?

bdaly
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM
but are rochester and wilmington the 2 best teams in the league?
The Rochester v. Wilmington game earlier certainly sounded like a nailbiter, as Rochester led most of the way and coughed it up late. So, there's definitely parity there. But, I think that Quad Cities team is very, very formidable. I was actually really impressed with Reading when they were here, as they run well and have speed. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hot.

In general, I think there's a lot of parity throughout the league. It looked like Dallas might be somewhat weak early on, but they've rebounded and look like a contender. Maryland remains winless, but they've lost plenty of close ones. It sounds like Arkansas is pretty formidable, so I look forward to seeing them. So, all in all, it's probably too early to say if one division is strongest, even though the east has the edge right now.