PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Jam folding???????

Paul S
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Heard from a source that the PBL might be losing Jacksonville. Seems expenses are high. The league might plan a rescue operation but the team is in trouble.

LightningMan
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
It'd be a shame if it does happen.

misenern
01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
That would really hurt the PBL's reputation.

radiodavel
01-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Paul S

Is your source for this with the Jam?

I cannot find anything online to verify this might be taking place. Basing what I've seen and heard, the PBL is in for the long haul and I could see them making it point that they stay playing for this season.

So if you can give some more details I would appreciate it, otherwise it is not fair to the Jam or the PBL to throw this out.

a1sports
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Jam owner may be having financial problems. Will try to get confirmation. This will be a good test to see how the PBL reacts.

Paul S
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
RadioDavel - My source is currently in minor league pro hoops. He is a truthful guy but he doesn't have the time or inclination to come on here and say ______ is in trouble.

1/ he has professional image to uphold
2/ he doesn't want to burn any bridges.

I'm pro PBL and I'm sorry I couldn't link to anything, it was because up until the US basket article there was nothing to link too.

The league may, that is MAY step in and run the franchise, pay the players, that I don't know.

LightningMan
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
The league may, that is MAY step in and run the franchise, pay the players, that I don't know.
See the other thread.

radiodavel
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Paul S-

That's fair, I understand protecting your source.