PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas wins at Jacksonsville tonight

DazedAndAmused
01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
...box score on the PBL stats page (must happen automatically from joc track?)

This sets up the two 2 - 0 teams in the PBL in Wilmington tomorrow night.

The winner here could be the early PBL favorite.

Jacksonville, Rochestor, Wilmington, Arkansas were rumored to be the top 4 teams after the rosters came out.

DazedAndAmused
01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Note, standings aren't updated yet. I just noticed these popping in on the stats page under the Jacksonsville section while reviewing others.

Minor League Man
01-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Hope the Impact were able to get their real uniforms in time...

tops804
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
This game was supposed to be on local TV in Jacksonville. Any word on if it
was? How the broadcast went.

DazedAndAmused
01-11-2008, 09:47 PM
I actually looked for this game myself and saw that it was televised locally, but it wasn't streamed. (I'm not in Florida.) Supposedly, the PBL's game streaming plan will begin in the next week or so for several teams. I am not sure which will start or how many games, but i have been told "dozens" this year. That I look forward to so we can better follow the league. I really want to see the Arkansas/Wilmington game tomorrow or Sunday because I have heard from FIBA connected people that these two teams in particular(early on) had some of the strongest minor league players in any of the leagues. I don't see mention of it being available on line on the PBL or Wilmington sites, so I guess I won't catch it, but I was told that Wilmington will be streaming some of their upcoming games.

psbf
01-12-2008, 12:56 AM
if the turnouts could be included in the game's summaries. The Jam website has no place for game info, which makes me wonder the turnout for their second home game.

South Atlantic
01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
I really want to see the Arkansas/Wilmington game tomorrow or Sunday because I have heard from FIBA connected people that these two teams in particular(early on) had some of the strongest minor league players in any of the leagues.

As far as player's go, I don't know of any right now that show up on our pro radars, at least enough to really gain notice. Nothing against the players, but I think there is a lot of hesitation to judge based upon 'new-ness' of the league.

As I mentioned in my stats thread, there must have been some god-awful shooting because Wilmington is shooting 44% from the floor while netting 60% from the FT line. In a minor league setting, we look at floor percentage, rebounding, possession ratios and defensive efficiency. One thing I am stuck looking at, usually three-four times, is shot charts (open jumpers compared to defensive pressure jump shots, compared to cross-over dribble to jumper, etc.). So I don't care as much about FG% as I do about the high percentage shot they are taking, meaning do they put themselves in scoring position or are they jacking up jumpers and somehow they go in.

I will keep you in the loop as to which players begin blipping the radar if you would like.

www.jjknhoops.com
info@jjknhoops.com

DazedAndAmused
01-12-2008, 07:50 AM
SA, what you say is absolutely fair. It is way too early and we don't have enough stats after 2 games to draw any conclusions about the league or its players. The comments I heard about these two teams (more specifically a few of their key players) actually came before regular season games started, based on players that were supposedly being given a "look" based on non PBL past accomplishments (Arkansas players to a greater degree.)

turbocamyes
01-12-2008, 07:53 AM
From the Times-Union:

... announced crowd of 1,643.

psbf
01-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks, Turbo. Still pretty good. I checked Jax online paper last night but could only find the article prior to the Jam's opener.