PDA

View Full Version : Nighthawks opening game is taking place the same time as the Redskins playoff game...

The_Whale
01-03-2008, 04:22 AM
The Maryland Nighthawks game starts at 7:00pm Sat 01/05/07, The Redskins game starts at 4:30pm the same day.

That can't be good for attendance......

(I don't think I'll see the Nighthawks that night)

SignGuyDino
01-03-2008, 04:37 AM
This is very simple: The team sends a P.R. stating there WILL be a big screen TV of the Redskins game, and you can stay as long as either game is on. If you can buy beer (hey I don't know if it's a high school gym or not), extra beer sales, baby! Even without beer, a good chance to root with other Deadskin fans.

Yeah, I'd send that P.R. like NOW....

The_Whale
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I went to the Nighthawks game, I missed the first quarter, they lost, but I had a great time.

tbayz1
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I went to the Nighthawks game, I missed the first quarter, they lost, but I had a great time.

how was the turnout?

And I just saw yesterday in the Nighthawks blog, that Randy Gill and Tyron "Allimoe" Evans were not included on the final roster, that was probably a surprise for some fans yesterday

MinorofaMan
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
The Nighthawks do play at a high school prep gym (capacity 1000) so no beer, probably won't be huge attendance sadly. It seems the Nighthawks won't be having huge turnouts or be selling beer. It is a nice facility though, but enough about they're venue, I'm just hoping they can be successful team. It's funny that White Chocolate wasn't on the final roster since on their website they're stilling selling his jerseys.

The_Whale
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
how was the turnout?

And I just saw yesterday in the Nighthawks blog, that Randy Gill and Tyron "Allimoe" Evans were not included on the final roster, that was probably a surprise for some fans yesterday

I missed White Chocolate, and it seems, the team did too. That was an unpleasant surprise.

The game was a little ragged but still lots of fun to watch, I'll be there next Sunday.

Turnout was about the same as it was for an average game last year at Montgomery College, I can't say if it was more or less. There seemed to be more kids at this game than I remember at games last year. The facility is much nicer at Georgetown Prep, it was a bit too crowded at Montgomery College. I would say the capacity is the about the same at both, but GP can handle it better; GP has more "concourse" space.

I was impressed with the turnout considering the Redskins were playing a playoff game.

Good job Nighthawks!

(now lets win one...)