PDA

View Full Version : The "Rub In The Stampede Dominance While It Lasts" Thread

Pounder
12-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Luke Jackson signs on again Tuesday morning, then managed a mere 30 points last night against Sioux Falls. Need I say more?

Of course, Luke will probably end up back in the big show before too long. Enjoy his presence while it lasts, or at least bow in penetance towards his greatness! I command you all!

Even more impressive is the stones of an organization announcing over 2,100 in attendance when there were closer to 400 in the building. We'll kick your butts in accounting, too!

preeths
12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Attendance = tickets distributed (sold and given to sponsors as part of a package), not butts in the seats.

Pounder
12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I know what you're saying. I know I caught a midweek game... and it's going to be very hard for me to catch a weekend game in my present circumstance.

Let's just say there are indicators in the ether as to past and present practices in Boise regarding attendance numbers. It was made plain to me at a Steelheads opener when they left flyers on the seats of season ticket holders, many of which did go unclaimed... but their attempt to claim the building was 90% ticketed belied both the body count and the flyer count.

Mind you, probably 65% of the tables, a similar percentage of courtside seats, and half the suites were in use last night. I don't know if the suites are part of contracts held with the hockey team... if not, the Stampede probably sustain if half of last night's attendees are the average. The market is kind of top-heavy with entreprenuers.

If I can get my neanderthal home computer to send some cell shots to my Photobucket account, I can post them sooner or later.

In any event, it's a damn good team, even without Jackson. Of course, callups determine plenty in the D-League.

DakotaWiz
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Looks like the domination could be coming to a close... Jackson got called up today and they lost to the only team who hadn't won a game all year last night..

ChumpDumper
12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
The Toros just picked up Cheyne Gadson again. Their roster is the most loaded I have seen in three years. They're just a low-post scorer away from being one of the most complete teams in the D-League. Pretty exciting.

Pounder
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Let it be known that Luke got back a while ago... and look where Idaho is now.

According to the media (since I got back from Portland Sunday), Randy Livingston hit the big shots in the final minutes Friday to ice the D-fenders. I'm in no position to question that.

Game 1 in Austin tonight, which I'm hoping Idaho wins, because I'd like to see the championship won in person Thursday night, instead of hearing back on what happened Friday night. I have my priorities.

It's not lost on me that Idaho played the Lakers' team Friday and plays the Spurs' team for all the marbles. The future is evident, and it's not necessarily in baseball-style minor league arrangements.

bdyer
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Well I'm hoping Idaho loses tonight. :infun:

I think the Toros probably lost too much to the NBA and Europe to win the Finals, and Ian Mahinmi got undercut and injured again Saturday. Jamar Smith could be an x factor if he plays though, and the Toros have been playing very good defense of late.

USBasket_EricE
04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm all for the Stampede. They were the best team this season and after 10 years of struggles and heartbreakers, they deserve it.

DakotaWiz
04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Long live the former CBA Teams!

DakotaWizardsFan
04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Long live the former CBA Teams!

Yeah!

I'm going for the Stampede for that reason and also because I'd like to see Randy Livingston win a championship.

DakotaWiz
04-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Didn't start out great, but with Idaho's home record, it will more than likely be tied up Thursday...

Pounder
04-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Not by much.

Luke looks injured. Cory Violette looks like he's taken over down low, and maybe everywhere else.

I don't know how many of you saw the broadcast... I wonder if it even showed the bench during play. Bryan Gates was more active than the Stampede players, and they were playing plenty of defense last night. I was starting to worry that Gates was having convulsions for all the gesticulating he did. Simply insane.

The Stampede live to see Friday night... but I have my obligation... NO, check that, unbridled passion in Portland this weekend.